The Book of Boba Fett Discussion Thread (Episode Spoilers Allowed!)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just watched it with the family. Loved it, although not long enough! Similar feel to the first Mando episode, with quite a lot of exposition and scene setting. Set up beautifully for the real story to kick in.

Last edited:

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Just watched it, brilliant!! loved it. few cheesy moments but overall didn't want it to end. Felt like ROTJ with a more puppet style and for me the CGI seems to have a more stop motion animation vintage style too it. Loved the artwork on the credits.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Just watched it this evening, the jury's out at the moment but it's the first episode so hopefully it will get better. I agree the artwork on the credits was awesome.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, thought the same. A bit like the thing from Mortal Combat as well. Loved it- was expecting it to be a Krayt Dragon!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree, the 4-armed monster was very Harryhausen... I expect deliberately so :)

Overall, I loved it. I agree it was too short, and also that it was more of a set-up episode (understandably), but I have high hopes for the rest of the series, especially when some of the more famous original trilogy characters start showing up ;). It was great to see 8D8 again, although I am still scratching my head slightly over why the Gamorrean Guards are so much thinner in this (and The Mandalorian) than they were in Return of the Jedi... Perhaps Bib Fortuna demanded they all go on a diet even as he shovelled in the pies and cakes himself :LOL:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved it, especially the sarlak pitt scenes. Always wandered what it would be like to be slowly digested over a thousand years.

My heart did sink a little while watching it as I realised this is probably the final nail in the coffin for me ever getting a Boba Fett MOC.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I enjoyed some sections but it didn't blow me away. Very hard to be objective with new additions to the star wars film/tv franchise that are now released. The innards of the sarlacc itched a scratch of mine! I couldn't stop fixating on Boba's teeth, I thought he had dentures in at one point 🤣

UKS

Jedi Knight
I enjoyed the Harryhausen wink - I enjoyed but concerned about two things:

1. Basically Mando was Fett - So now Fett has to be a new character... and he seems to be a bit more chilled dad then I would have expected.
2. His companion is a bit boring. And the martial art fight sequences doesn't feel that Lucas-y.

But I enjoyed it an awful lot!

Paul1976

Padawan
Did anyone else also think the dudes Fenec was chasing across the rooftops looked like the Mortal Combat characters (Scorpion, Sub Zero etc)?

Enjoyed it though, going to be good to watch over the coming weeks.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm sorry to say that I was very underwhelmed…oh well it can only get better…🤔

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I agree, the 4-armed monster was very Harryhausen... I expect deliberately so :)

Overall, I loved it. I agree it was too short, and also that it was more of a set-up episode (understandably), but I have high hopes for the rest of the series, especially when some of the more famous original trilogy characters start showing up ;). It was great to see 8D8 again, although I am still scratching my head slightly over why the Gamorrean Guards are so much thinner in this (and The Mandalorian) than they were in Return of the Jedi... Perhaps Bib Fortuna demanded they all go on a diet even as he shovelled in the pies and cakes himself :LOL:
Yeah I thought it was a very good starter episode, but the gammy guards kept bothering me to they looked so much better in rotj

Latest posts

Top Bottom