BAGGIES; **NOW WITH PICS** Taped, heat sealed and boxed

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Baggies...
I have a small selection of sealed baggies and have never displayed or collected them specifically, just held onto them for curiosities sake I guess. I'm not at this time looking to sell them, but I am really keen to know what kind of value they might hold:

Teebo - KENNER- Made in Taiwan - heat sealed
AT-ST driver - KENNER - Made in Taiwan - heat sealed
Leia (Boush) - KENNER - Made in Taiwan - heat sealed
Luke X-Wing (gun version) - Made in China - heat sealed
Gamorrean guard - Made in Hong Kong - heat Sealed

Luke X-Wing (grapple hook) - Made in China - Tape Sealed
8D8 - Made in Hong Kong - Tape sealed

Darth Vader - Clipper - Made in Macau - heat sealed and boxed (box opened)
Niem Numb - Made in Hong Kong - tape sealed and boxed (box opened and figure name written on)
Emperor - Made in Hong Kong - tape sealed and boxed (box opened and figure name written on)

Any thoughts on prices/rarity etc would be very gratefully received... I won't fill up space with pics just yet as they are all in great condition, no tears to the bags, no paint loss inside the bags etc etc.

Also if I choose to keep them, which I expect I will (unless of course they can easily fund alternate expansion of the collection!), can anyone think of a good display technique... gotta beat a shoe box with all my 'upgraded' old loose figures and spares under the desk in the den!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Hi, I got a couple of PMs looking for images, apologies I'd hoped the description would be enough, hope these might help determine some form of valuation...
Thanks

IMG_0461_zps9c4b4519.jpg

IMG_0464_zpsa6364789.jpg

IMG_0465_zps7b467e26.jpg

IMG_0466_zpsab79fd99.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
nice baggies 8)

frank / frunkstar is the guy you need

note - i didnt know luke came with the grappling hook in a baggie cool 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I've spoken to Frank and I now expect to sell a few of these in the next week or two; they've lived in the same shoe box for well over 15 years, maybe even more than 20.. As I've joined the forum and been helped and welcomed by you guys, I'll sell them through here too rather than eBay.

My immeadiate plan would be to take a few more pics (individual front and back) and list them in the FS thread with the prices Frank (Frunkstar); who has first dibs on a couple due to being so helpful), has suggested what would be a fair value for all involved and as a total if they all sell it adds up to a nice pot to spend too.

The only one I'll keep is the Vader as I have seen an example of that displayed and the look of it appeals (some of my income from sales may well be spent on Acrylic!)...

Let me take some decent pics and I'll sort it soon.
Thanks
Steve

Joe

Grand Master
The 8D8 might be resealed, the only baggie type that he is found in without a cardboard leg insert is the Made in Macau version and that looks like a Palitoy MIHK bag.
(Edit: Actually I just looked at my Palitoy 8D8 baggie and the text colour isn't the same as yours either..)

Got any more pictures of the tape seal? They are usually pretty easy to spot when they've been opened and taped back up again.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Looks like your **** out of luck again Todd :lol: you will get that clipper vader one day though buddy if it kills me finding one & yes please to the two we spoke about if you decide to sell ;)

Someday :roll:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Joe is right about the 8D8 I had not taken that on board when I looked at the photos of the baggies :oops: :oops:

So it will most likely be a re seal, sadly the Luke with the grappling hook is also a re sealed figure/baggie after seeing the close ups you just sent over to me (bugger) as its a heat sealed baggie & yours has been taped.

If you want to forward me individual photos of the baggies you alone with some close ups of any tape seals & will look at they all closely & try my best to authenticate the rest for you.

Knowing my usual luck the others will all be find & just the 2 I want that are re sealed, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
More photos going to Frank tomorrow. Want to get the facts in them before I sell, so any buyer gets what is advertised and not my best guess...
Oh and yes... These are the only two that are tape sealed! Typical indeed Frank!
Thanks all for the help and PMs so far
S

Joe

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
sadly the Luke with the grappling hook is also a re sealed figure/baggie after seeing the close ups you just sent over to me (bugger) as its a heat sealed baggie & yours has been taped.

Yeah just noticed that myself actually, the grappling hook was part of the Hoth survival kit wasn't it? Never appeared with any Luke figure in a baggie so definitely resealed :(

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
There is a thread in the FS section now for these, some sold straightaway and posted today as well... Couple left, one pending a PM reply.

Thanks to all involved in helping identify what was straight and what was a reseal etc. Only the items I've been told are spot on are listed for sale and all listed at the prices I was advised to sell at by forum members.

Really reassuring to have such great members, full of advice and knowledge! :)

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21108

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom