Star Wars 3 pack

80s_collector

Padawan
Hi all,

I wonder if any of you would be kind enough to give me a rough valuation in the current climate on a 3 pack figure set for me.

The set holds 3 figures, Imperial Gunner, Lando General Pilot and Yak Face.

It is quite a large yellow and white card with "Space Figures" wrote across the top and figures made in Macau, packed in Ireland along the bottom.

Great condition, figures mint, card 98%, the three bubbles I would say 85% with the odd ding here and there.

Any help giving me a valuation would be well appreciated.

Many thanks

lejackal

Grand Master
5K? 10K? For an Irish three pack with those figures you could probably name your price. Frank Mewes may have an idea, frunkstar on here

80s_collector

Padawan
lejackal said:
5K? 10K? For an Irish three pack with those figures you could probably name your price. Frank Mewes may have an idea, frunkstar on here

No I think your thinking of something else...5 or 10k.......wtf never....

Im sure we are on the wrong ship here........Just want to make it totally clear............this hasnt got Star Wars wrote anywhere on it, it just says "Space Figures" and it also isnt sealed........its just got staples in each corner......hence the reason Im very unsure how to value it......
The figures are proper vintage star wars figures though.

Thanks anyway but I really think you are assuming its something else..

lejackal

Grand Master
80s_collector said:
lejackal said:

No I think your thinking of something else...5 or 10k.......wtf never....

Im sure we are on the wrong ship here........Just want to make it totally clear............this hasnt got Star Wars wrote anywhere on it, it just says "Space Figures" and it also isnt sealed........its just got staples in each corner......hence the reason Im very unsure how to value it......
The figures are proper vintage star wars figures though.

Thanks anyway but I really think you are assuming its something else..
The Irish 3 packs are rare and sought after, they don't say Star Wars but they are valuable as far as I know.

lejackal

Grand Master
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2015/return-of-the-nigo-n09402/lot.74.html
Different combo but hopefully you see what I mean

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Can you put some picture of the item up on the thread, use the attachments tab at the bottom when posting the image, easy to do and you will get a lot more information from the guys on here as to validity, possible values etc.

Another link here with some information as well

http://theswca.com/images-forei/irish-3pack.html

Frank is your man to ask about this set

80s_collector

Padawan
steve obi wan said:
I remember these being sold in Dunnes Stores in the 80's for 99p

Should of bought them out of the bargain bins !!! :? :cry:

Back in the day I used to split these and sell the figures loose.

80s_collector

Padawan
Michael Sith said:
Can you put some picture of the item up on the thread, use the attachments tab at the bottom when posting the image, easy to do and you will get a lot more information from the guys on here as to validity, possible values etc.

Another link here with some information as well

http://theswca.com/images-forei/irish-3pack.html

Frank is your man to ask about this set

Yes this is the one, thanks for the pic.....I do have about 3 or 4 different ones in my collection abroard, but the one in question which Ive posted about is owned by a very old customer of mine who used to collect years ago, hes come back to collecting and I met him at CE in London in July.
Basically hes bought quite a few carded figures off me since then and hes interested in trading this 3 irish 3 pack as it doesnt fit in with his focus for items I have that he requires.

The main reason for my post was for a valuation but secondly, Ive only handled around a dozen of these in my whole life and by what I remember these were made very cheaply, thin flimsy card, thin cheap bubbles and glue down the sides and often staples......the one I have posted about is made out of a very thick vinyl shiny solid card and very firm bubbles........no glue, but stapled at the bottom.....but in my opinion the figures could be altered easily......Im asking for advice to whether anyone thinks this could be a repro card or whether repros were made.......I had it in my hand at the weekend and the guy who owns it Im 100% sure he bought it in good faith but to me it felt wrong when I handled it.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey, if you could post photos it would be very much appreciated. The value of 5-10k is was off I'm afraid on my opinion.

The Irish 3 packs are certainly pretty rare and are very cool looking items. Condition of them is usually pretty rough as they were poorly made. They were released in dunnes as previously mentioned but maybe elsewhere as well.

One issue with these sets is that the cards were sometimes stapled I think and it is possible and has been known for people to swap figures in and out to make better character line ups. Im not suggesting that is what has happened.

Pics would be good of front and back and close ups if possible.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
All sorts of alarm bells ringing here,give me a ring when you get chance Ian,I've been out all day so call my mobile.
Don't do anything until we have spoken!!

80s_collector

Padawan
Hothrebel said:
All sorts of alarm bells ringing here,give me a ring when you get chance Ian,I've been out all day so call my mobile.
Don't do anything until we have spoken!!

I will give you a call in the morning mate....Help hahaha

lejackal

Grand Master
Seeing as its gone from being mint with a grail trilogy of figures to the wrong cardstock, bubble type and stapled I think this proves the value of a decent description and pictures :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sounds like it may well have been the victim of a figure swap, last 17 are very rare in the irish 3 packs, 3 together in a pack is pretty much unheard of I think, if it could be verified as authentic with that line up (& thanks a big if) then you would be looking at quite a high price tag, not 10K but possibly as much as 2k on a good day to the right buyer IMO, be great to think it was correct, but most of these had ROTJ figures in frequent figures found in them are R.L 3p0's & Emperors, though a few backs have been found with fett in which command a premium, the one I have does have a last 17 in it, sadly it;s a ****ing Ewok arggghhhh!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom