SWFUK

Childhood Vintage collection Valuation.

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Childhood Vintage collection Valuation.

Postby SublevelStudios » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 pm

The Fett looks like a UK catalogue piece - KAYS catalogue judging by the reference on the label. Don't worry about the gun missing, it's one of the pieces you can pick up separately if it's missing - normally about £20-25.

The box and figure look to be in really good shape, plus it has the yellow insert. Do you have the 2 instruction sheets that go with it? Check inside between the box and insert, they might still be in there.

An example like this has not been sold for a while - 12 months ago they were fetching £300 all day long - I would hazard a guess that has gone up, so maybe £350.

If you've got any doubts then keep it - you can only sell it once and then it's gone for good. Most of us here would give our right arms for our childhood collection. You've got the making of an awesome collection there, I'd be keeping it but if you were to sell then start thinking about a nice holiday...

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Childhood Vintage collection Valuation.

Postby jayums » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am

I don’t think anybody can give you a very accurate estimate as it’s impossIble to tell. That said I’d be amazed if you didn’t have £1500-2000 there.

If I were you I’d be patient and take your time whatever you decide to do. Much better to photograph stuff individually so we can get a good look at condition - but you might have some gems hidden away that would be a shame not to identify before selling them on in a job lot etc

Time consuming but extra photos always useful when it comes to sales. Like you did with the fett - you will get much better advice from the experts on here. price stickers, posters, box inserts can all add value.

Like others have said, think long and hard about selling. I reckon a lot of chaps on here would trade their entire collections to have their own original toys back.
I’d keep them all, but at the very least I’d keep some of them! Probably the figures as they don’t take up too much space.

Good luck!

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”