Starwars Graphic novels

morgan8311

I am wanting to start reading star wars. I wish to know everything there is to know, know all the storys in and around the main characters and events. So perhaps filling in the gaps of what the films missed or to cover the time in-between films. Maybe anikins training from when he started.

Thank you

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
every star wars comic before the recent Marvel run can be ignored. All new Marvel Star Wars is canon, everything else is not considered such. So, you should be able to keep up with these series

Star Wars Marvel - 9 issues following Han, Luke. Leia Chewie etc
Star Wars Marvel Darth Vader 9 - Darth, Emperor, Tagge etc
Lando 2 or 3 so far - Lando & Lobot
Princess Leia - Short story 5 issues - Ended
Chewbacca - coming soon
Kanan - 5 or so issues

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
In terms of continuity Marvel are rebooting the EU now. But please don't ignor the Dark Horse publications there were some fantastic stories In there and now Marvel has those rights as well they are publishing some lovely back issue bound volumes. The best stories from back then are:

Shadows of the Empire
Crimson Empire
Thawn
Knights of the old Republic
Star war Republic (prelude to and coving clone wars as it was meant to be)
Legacy
Dark Times

There was a lot of other stuff, some good, some not, but those were the stand out stories for me, especially Star Wars Republic, that is epic.

morgan8311

monkey_roo said:
In terms of continuity Marvel are rebooting the EU now. But please don't ignor the Dark Horse publications there were some fantastic stories In there and now Marvel has those rights as well they are publishing some lovely back issue bound volumes. The best stories from back then are:

Shadows of the Empire
Crimson Empire
Thawn
Knights of the old Republic
Star war Republic (prelude to and coving clone wars as it was meant to be)
Legacy
Dark Times

There was a lot of other stuff, some good, some not, but those were the stand out stories for me, especially Star Wars Republic, that is epic.

is this the order to read them?

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not especially
Shadows, crimson empire and thawn were all written back in the late 80's and 90's with the third instalment of crimson coming out only a few years ago, they don't interact so no dependency as such. thawn is a direct follow on for RoTJ, which reminds me Dark Empire is another title that follows on form Jedi as well.

you can read all of those above as and when, no real continuity.

There is a bit of continuity with the others

I would read Star Wars Republic first as that segways into Dark Times at the end. legacy, Kights and Dark Time we're all published at the same time, Legacy does reference acts from Republic (hence starting with Republic). knights and Legacy are set a thousand years before A New Hope and a hundred plus after respectively, but there was a Star Wars cross over story that brings Knights, Legacy and Dark Times together, so really they should be read simultaneously, as in reading volume one of each, then two etc.

I haven't looked at the marvel bound volumes that are reprinting these books as I own all the originals, but it may be that they are printing them in continuity order so you don't have to worry.

If you want a real treat however, Marvel are reprinting all their original 70's and 80's comics in bound volumes, they are outstanding.

Which also reminds me, the X-Wing rouge comic book run is also worth a read, again it tries to follow the Star Wars continuity as it was back in the 80's and 90's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom