Header image

The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
User avatar
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3000
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby StarWarsFan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Dannywhiteley wrote:
jimmyp wrote:This movie was f horrible.

Laura Dern WTF!!

Disney are too busy trying to push liberalism onto the masses by hijacking franchises like star wars to push propaganda.

I refuse to pay for anything Star Wars again.

R.I.P.

:x :evil:


And I was thinking exactly this /\


Dito

User avatar
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Cazza » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:Everyone I know who has seen it, loves it


This /\/\/\

The only person who wasn't sure was my teenage nephew (he's 16 and a big SW fan). He loved lots of it, but wasn't sure about certain parts (like I was after the midnight viewing). He's going to see it again this week. Other than that, everyone else I know who's seen it REALLY enjoyed it. None of them are huge SW fans, but they all 'like' SW.
Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

User avatar
Chico
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Chico » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 am

Just had my 2nd viewing, (4DX this time which was ace) and loved it even more than the first. Aside from Leia’s space walk (which is ludicrous), I’m really struggling to see what all the negative drama is about.

I like R1 and TFA but I’m so glad they’ve tried to do something a bit different. For me personally it’s a shot in the arm for an overarching story that was in danger of becoming repetitive, predictable and stale. It’s my second favourite film in the whole saga and the scene with Luke at the end in front of the walkers is probably the best of the lot.

Epic.

User avatar
CaptainAntilles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby CaptainAntilles » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Having watched this for a 2nd time , against my better judgement i hate it even more than the 1st viewing

I knew Disney would be bad for Star Wars but i didnt think they would have the audacity to fuck around with our heroes .Turning Leia into Mary Fucking Poppins is unforgivable . Carrie Fishers last ever movie and they do that to her .. Whoever dreamed that scene up needs to be fired out into the cold vacuum of space to see just how fucking stupid that scene looked

People keep saying its a new star wars for a new generation well why the fuck did they have to bring the 3 main characters from the OT in just to make a fucking cunt of them all

George Lucas has made a monumental fucking arse of his Great work in the 70's and 80's selling out to these horrible Disney bastards
I met him in a swamp down in Dagoba
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda
S-O-D-A, soda

I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "yoda"
Y-O-D-A, Yoda
yo yo yo yoda

User avatar
theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5160
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby theforceuk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:31 pm

CaptainAntilles wrote:Having watched this for a 2nd time , against my better judgement i hate it even more than the 1st viewing

I knew Disney would be bad for Star Wars but i didnt think they would have the audacity to fuck around with our heroes .Turning Leia into Mary Fucking Poppins is unforgivable . Carrie Fishers last ever movie and they do that to her .. Whoever dreamed that scene up needs to be fired out into the cold vacuum of space to see just how fucking stupid that scene looked

People keep saying its a new star wars for a new generation well why the fuck did they have to bring the 3 main characters from the OT in just to make a fucking cunt of them all

George Lucas has made a monumental fucking arse of his Great work in the 70's and 80's selling out to these horrible Disney bastards


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funniest review yet.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3684
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Palifan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:52 pm

CaptainAntilles wrote:Having watched this for a 2nd time , against my better judgement i hate it even more than the 1st viewing



People keep saying its a new star wars for a new generation well why the fuck did they have to bring the 3 main characters from the OT in just to make a fucking cunt of them all



To get you to go and watch it twice.

Ian

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 17750
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: My Island

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby weasel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 pm

CaptainAntilles wrote:George Lucas has made a monumental fucking arse of his Great work in the 70's and 80's selling out to these horrible Disney bastards


Whilst I'm no fan of this film, ehhh did you actually watch the fucking prequels? CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, more CGI, and a bit more CGI. Jar jar binks. Those two muppets who played Anakin (blocked their names out), trade disputes.....ooohhhh exciting! The most underwhelming turning of Anakin to the dark side. Space battles so "good" you couldn't tell what was going on or follow who was blowing up who. Metachlorians......

There is NOTHING good about the prequels. NOTHING. They are complete and utter abominations in every single possible way. Watch the footage of the reaction when Lucas et al watch the first one for the first time. Utter silence. And it aint silence cos they were dumb strunk by the brilliance of it all.

If Lucas can do that to his own creation, with a very large budget and all the good will in the world, then selling it to Disney (or fucking anyone) was the best thing he could have done. FFS I've seen pornos with better written dialogue and plot.

I don't like TLJ, the other 2 films were fine TFA was safe if unadventurous and R1 was quite good, but fuck me TLJ it's so far ahead of the prequels that it's not even on the same planet.
I'd had doses of the clap that were better than the prequels and Lucas was 100% responsible for them.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

BruceW
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby BruceW » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:
Great post Bruce!
On a separate thought, would you share in the Off Topic Thread a little showcase of your artwork? I'm sure many have seen your talents before, but many more probably haven't...


Thanks! Posted a thread there. I've left it open to anyone to showcase their art, not just mine!
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35561

BruceW
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby BruceW » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Mr. Tie wrote:
The movie is not for everyone, I suppose. That's fine, I get it. Everyone has an opinion. This is mine: I love it.
I plan on seeing it at least once a week until it's gone from theaters.

Are you for real? I mean: Leia fetish is one thing, but do you have shares funded by Disney?


Image

User avatar
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Cazza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:43 pm

BruceW wrote:
Mr. Tie wrote:
The movie is not for everyone, I suppose. That's fine, I get it. Everyone has an opinion. This is mine: I love it.
I plan on seeing it at least once a week until it's gone from theaters.

Are you for real? I mean: Leia fetish is one thing, but do you have shares funded by Disney?


Image


There's a Brucie Bonus for ya :lol:
Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8233
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Grant_C » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Double Post
Last edited by Grant_C on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8233
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Grant_C » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:
Dannywhiteley wrote:
jimmyp wrote:This movie was f horrible.

Laura Dern WTF!!

Disney are too busy trying to push liberalism onto the masses by hijacking franchises like star wars to push propaganda.

I refuse to pay for anything Star Wars again.

R.I.P.

:x :evil:


And I was thinking exactly this /\


Dito


That’s an hysterical admission. :lol:

You do realise it’s a contemporary myth based on foundations of goodies vs baddies. You know- what is Star Wars? It’s the battle between LIBERTY and Tyranny.

Unless you only watch the scenes with the dark side on the screen. But we know what the inspiration was them :?

Star Wars has been pushing liberal values since it’s inception. What you guys watching? :lol:
Last edited by Grant_C on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8233
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Grant_C » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Double post

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby jedisearcher » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:02 pm

weasel wrote:
CaptainAntilles wrote:George Lucas has made a monumental fucking arse of his Great work in the 70's and 80's selling out to these horrible Disney bastards


Whilst I'm no fan of this film, ehhh did you actually watch the fucking prequels? CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, CGI, more CGI, and a bit more CGI. Jar jar binks. Those two muppets who played Anakin (blocked their names out), trade disputes.....ooohhhh exciting! The most underwhelming turning of Anakin to the dark side. Space battles so "good" you couldn't tell what was going on or follow who was blowing up who. Metachlorians......

There is NOTHING good about the prequels. NOTHING. They are complete and utter abominations in every single possible way. Watch the footage of the reaction when Lucas et al watch the first one for the first time. Utter silence. And it aint silence cos they were dumb strunk by the brilliance of it all.

If Lucas can do that to his own creation, with a very large budget and all the good will in the world, then selling it to Disney (or fucking anyone) was the best thing he could have done. FFS I've seen pornos with better written dialogue and plot.

I don't like TLJ, the other 2 films were fine TFA was safe if unadventurous and R1 was quite good, but fuck me TLJ it's so far ahead of the prequels that it's not even on the same planet.
I'd had doses of the clap that were better than the prequels and Lucas was 100% responsible for them.



It’s completely mind-numbing that some people on here are putting anything SW better than the prequels (including the Holiday Special).. They’re all appallingly bad. TPM and AOTC have no redeemeing features. ROTS only redeeming feature is that it’s the end of the PT.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6801
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Gateshead UK

Re: The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

Postby Richard_H » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

I love the last jedi and did so from first viewing.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/


Return to “Star Wars Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests