3 Pack Shop Display Box Flat

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hi guys, I thought I would share my most recent acquisition with you. It is a 1978 3 pack shop display box flat. These display cartons were shipped with the first wave of 3 packs and were intended to be used in store to help display them as there were concerns that they would topple over easily on store shelves.

3 packs were loaded into the trays 3 wide and 3 deep and this would have made them much easier to move around.The sides are obviously folded down as this is a box flat but the package does carry the Kenner LP long play logo which is neat. The funny thing with this is that I was offered this last year and I couldnt make out what it was so passed on it at the time. It wasnt until more recently that I saw the link the SWCA website and was able to put two and two together. I am really chuffed to have it as part of my run as it is the only one Ive seen come up for sale. Ive tried to dig around for pics and more info. but all I can find is the entry on the SWCA.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=49128

A cromalin exists for this display box so of course that has now been added to my WTB list. Please excuse my crap photo. I will reshoot when I have time and I will be updating my limelight in due course.

Thanks for looking. Chris.

11884421384_a97b69cee3.jpg

3 Pack Display Box Flat 1 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
11884268243_a7b73868ce.jpg

3 Pack Display Box Flat 2 by Caswell2009, on Flickr
11884268193_cf5639432c.jpg

3 Pack Display Box Flat 3 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Joe

Grand Master
Wow Chris, that's pretty awesome! Never heard of this till now, thanks for posting!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks alot guys. :)

Indeed Joe. It is a very unusual piece and Im not surprised Ron, Chris and the gang didnt know what to make of it when it turned up. Its fairly big and looks great on display. I thought I would get some pics up in the showcase section as Im sure it is something few people would have seen. I kinda want a used one so that I can load some sets into it and take a photo! :wink:

Grant

Sith Lord
Chris,

That's a really cool acquisition man. I love your 3 pack pre-prod run. It would be great to see an updated Photo of the run as a whole.

Regards,

Grant.

Joe

Grand Master
Grant said:
Chris,

That's a really cool acquisition man. I love your 3 pack pre-prod run. It would be great to see an updated Photo of the run as a whole.

Regards,

Grant.

I second this! Would love to see an updated picture Chris :)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I've kinda fallen in love with it to tell the truth. I will do a new limelight soon. I am waiting on something else to arrive hopefully in the next few weeks.

Chris. :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Where did you dig up that old fossil?

Excellent stuff Chris, congratulations

jay4

Jedi Knight
:shock: WOW! beautiful , things like this are sadly way out my reach price wise . so great too see them , i dont recall seeing this before either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom