black series

trenty1990

hi im new to this site i was just wondering what you lot think about the new black series and is it worth investing in? also is the comim con version worth getting ?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
It is a risky business buying Star wars figures for Investment.

Only a select few Convention exclusives can increase in value. EG CE2 Jumbo Trilogo Yak Face :)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Welcome Trenty :)

I would hold on to any 'First Day Issue' ones, but beyond this no more of an investment than any other modern figures.

The 'First Day Issue' stickered figures still go for more than retail price on the bay, but its just a sticker, piss easy to make one and stick it on for unscrupulous gain if they became more valuable.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
JuniorChubb said:

I would hold on to any 'First Day Issue' ones, but beyond this no more of an investment than any other modern figures.

The 'First Day Issue' stickered figures still go for more than retail price on the bay, but its just a sticker, piss easy to make one and stick it on for unscrupulous gain if they became more valuable.

Chris I think you may find even the 'First Day Issue' sticker one's have dropped now. I struggled to sell my R2 and Luke Skywalker. Had them on at £35 for ages. Put them on as 99p start last week, the R2 went for £12.70, Skywalker £19.50.

Def not an investment, they are just like any other modern figure, mass produced and worth nothing.

kuwahero

Padawan
I like them but have to agree with what the other lads have said above. However, the fact they are 6" figures might hold interest in them longer. Some characters will always command higher prices than others, but I doubt any will increase dramatically in value, even the SDCC set.

It is very nice, I was lucky to get one as a pressie, but imo deffo not worth the prices being sought on Ebay.

IMG_1713-610x417.jpg

At the end of the day if you like them and want them, buy them. If to try and make money off them then leave them alone

captainhancock

Padawan
Worth getting? Money wise? Investment? This sort of reckless speculation could lead to another global economic meltdown :shock:

I got the Biker Scout today and opened that bad boy. I must say its probably the best figure I've seen. Really nice detail, good range of limb movement. I'm well pleased with it. So I think they are definatly worth getting.

Although the gun is strangely tiny..

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
JuniorChubb said:

Chris I think you may find even the 'First Day Issue' sticker one's have dropped now. I struggled to sell my R2 and Luke Skywalker. Had them on at £35 for ages. Put them on as 99p start last week, the R2 went for £12.70, Skywalker £19.50.

Def not an investment, they are just like any other modern figure, mass produced and worth nothing.

Sorry to hear this mate, the prices didn't look to bad an the sold listings on the bay.

That's the trouble with modern stuff, loads of it and plenty of people just buying it to 'put away for a few years'. I sold all mine but 3, funnily enough one of them might be heading you way soon...

PM sent :wink:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Love that Fett Kuwahero. I picked up a couple of them from Gary for Mumbo. Awesome figure. 8)

There are 3 3/4" figures in the black range too, I don't think any of them are new figures as such, just re-releases or tweaks of other modern ranges.

The biker scout is cool to Captainhancock, I think the vintage Bikerscout was one of the best sculpts looks like he is keeping up his standards. Being a cool character helps too.

captainhancock

Padawan
JuniorChubb said:
Love that Fett Kuwahero. I picked up a couple of them from Gary for Mumbo. Awesome figure. 8)

There are 3 3/4" figures in the black range too, I don't think any of them are new figures as such, just re-releases or tweaks of other modern ranges.

The biker scout is cool to Captainhancock, I think the vintage Bikerscout was one of the best sculpts looks like he is keeping up his standards. Being a cool character helps too.

JuniorChubb are you a fellow Biker Scout fan? The vintage Biker Scout really stands up well against the Black series scout. I have been comparing them. The vintage gun is much better too.

I'm interested in finding out what people think is the best example of the Biker Scout in general.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Love the Fett, he is awesome, like you say though, stupid prices on eBay

Love the vintage biker scouts, Short snout is my fav.

Investment wise, vintage is the way, but it's like anything else, buy what you like personally, what you want, then you can't lose.

Again though, black seri es fett is pretty cool....really like that :D

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
captainhancock said:
JuniorChubb said:

JuniorChubb are you a fellow Biker Scout fan? The vintage Biker Scout really stands up well against the Black series scout. I have been comparing them. The vintage gun is much better too.

I'm interested in finding out what people think is the best example of the Biker Scout in general.

If I remember rightly most of the Bikers are cool except the bow legged (to fit the speeder) POTF2. The power of the Jedi figure was ok, but not as good as the vintage. The more recent versions (Trilogy, 30th Anniversary) are quality, I think these are the same sculpt as the black series. There is also a version with a flip open mask version and a Hoth Scout too but I can't remember which ranges these are from.

Which is the best? Don't ask me I love wally :wink:

BTW welcome to SWFUK 8)

captainhancock

Padawan
JuniorChubb said:
captainhancock said:
JuniorChubb said:

If I remember rightly most of the Bikers are cool except the bow legged (to fit the speeder) POTF2. The power of the Jedi figure was ok, but not as good as the vintage. The more recent versions (Trilogy, 30th Anniversary) are quality, I think these are the same sculpt as the black series. There is also a version with a flip open mask version and a Hoth Scout too but I can't remember which ranges these are from.

Which is the best? Don't ask me I love wally :wink:

BTW welcome to SWFUK 8)

Those POTF2 are all ugly. From what I remember seeing on Rebel Scum all the recent bikerscout versions seem to be the same sculpt. What I wanna know is where is the bike? I think there was a limited Toys R Us one or something.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
captainhancock said:
Those POTF2 are all ugly. From what I remember seeing on Rebel Scum all the recent bikerscout versions seem to be the same sculpt. What I wanna know is where is the bike? I think there was a limited Toys R Us one or something.

We got one with the modern Hoth ATAT walker but its white (it pops out the back of the AT AT with the push of a button 8) ). I am sure the little 'un has a brown Endor speeder somewhere, it was probably from the Legacy Collection. They look good but are a bit flimsy and do not explode :(

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a 'Vintage collection' version too, in a cool vintage looking box on its way..

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep the original Biker Scout is pretty damn cool. When I started collecting again I foolishly thought I was only going to buy 1 MOC from each film so wanted one that best represented the film. Decided on R2 for SW, Han Hoth for ESB and Biker Scout for ROTJ, loved the figure and looks amazing on its card.

When you put the modern and vintage side by side I think the vintage wins it. You can't beat the original sculpt (modern helmet is just too small) looks great on and off his bike.

DSC03916_zpsd825a17b.jpg
DSC03917_zpsae1eb3cc.jpg
DSC03913_zpse4457b20.jpg

Got excited when I heard about the new TRU USA exclusive speederbike as I was 100% sure it was going to come in a new vintage style box (still think it will come eventually) so was pretty disappointed when it was just in a normal box. Speederbike itself is a thing of beauty and the clear plastic stands makes it look the business on display.

DSC03847_zps087394a5.jpg

DSC04256_zps04324f56.jpg
DSC04257_zpsc39cf341.jpg

Picked up the latest black series figure, kept it carded as it as it looks good on the simple style cardback but like I said you can't beat the vintage 8)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great pictures DB thanks for posting them.

The comparisons are great, I think the Vintage SpeederBike, Biker Scout, ATST and ATST Driver hold up really well.

I didn't realise the modern ATST was that much bigger than the vintage, should have guessed this though as the modern ATAT is huge.

captainhancock

Padawan
God dammit db94 now I'm proper jealous. You have exactly what I want! It all looks mint. Especially that moc vintage Biker Scout. I've just started collecting and I'm trying hard not to go out of control buying stuff.

Is that modern bike with the curved plastic stand the exclusive Toys r us one? I haven't seen that one for sale anywhere.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep it's a USA TRU exclusive. Was really hoping it would come in a vintage style box (but I'll buy it again when it does!!!) but after watching some of the video reviews I was desperate to get it. Luckily I was contacted by a guy on rebelscum looking for me to send him some stuff over so I organised a trade. Really pleased with it. I'm going over their next year so if you still want one I'll pick one up for you :D

rebel_scum

Padawan
Picked up freedom today, can't have him until Xmas but chuffed I found him in the wild rather than the internet!

grinchy

Sith Lord
great pictures, i personally haven't bought any of the smaller black series figures as i haven't been able to find them, ones i have seen have all had damage, figures missing, i'd like the darth plagueis, but haven't seen it yet, as for investment, not a good idea, as only vintage holds any real value in the long run

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom