Boba Fett's Throne Room (Unboxing)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Postie delivered something new today, and I thought some of you might like to see it.

BTW, this thing is both massive and amazingly heavy considering it's a playset [almost 6.5 kg (quadruple) boxed!]. Most of the parts and pieces feel very sturdy / hefty and well made. Is it worth £210? Absolutely not! But is it quite impressive? Yes.

I can't assemble it yet as I have nowhere to put it (yet), but that should change fairly soon, and when it does, watch this space for an update :)

BF - 01.jpg
BF - 02.jpg
BF - 03.jpg
BF - 04.jpg
BF - 05.jpg
BF - 06.jpg
BF - 07.jpg
BF - 08.jpg
BF - 09.jpg
BF - 10.jpg
BF - 11.jpg
BF - 12.jpg
BF - 13.jpg
BF - 14.jpg
BF - 15.jpg
BF - 16.jpg
BF - 17.jpg
BF - 18.jpg
BF - 19.jpg
BF - 20.jpg
BF - 21.jpg
BF - 22.jpg
BF - 23.jpg
BF - 24.jpg
BF - 25.jpg
BF - 26.jpg
BF - 27.jpg
BF - 28.jpg
BF - 29.jpg
BF - 30.jpg
BF - 31.jpg
BF - 32.jpg
BF - 33.jpg
BF - 34.jpg
BF - 35.jpg
BF - 36.jpg
BF - 37.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Basically a mini Has-Lab, looks great (as it should do) but with the size of it I'm glad that I cancelled.
Although I've got a part of that arriving next week too…🤔

Last edited:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Great thread, looks amazing thanks for sharing. Mine's still sat in the (outer shipper) box, although at some point i will unbox it.

I remember back in the day creating jabbas palace on my mums cabinet when i was a kid was one of my fav play past times....many a figure dropped into the drinks cabinet and died to the rancor! 🤣

All my modern collection is misb but i must say im really tempted to open this one and create a jabbas diarama, especially once jabba himself arrives.😁

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ah cool, yeah i've pre-ordered too, i wonder if the 8d8 will be carded?🤔
I think it will be, at least if I've understood the relevant post on Rebelscum correctly (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Reveals_New_Items_Ahead_Of_SDCC_191068.asp), where it says: This Jabba the Hutt throne room set features 3.5-inch scale Jabba the Hutt, Salacious B. Crumb and smelter droid 8D8 figures. Each figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco.

It isn't how it appears to be worded, but perhaps they're only referring to the packaging that the entire set comes in? However, I would be very surprised if they didn't card 8D8. It makes it an extra selling point for the set, so Hasbro would be missing a trick if they didn't card it.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Very nice!

Do you have jabbas palace to go with it? I've seen the wall colours don't quite match up if displaying alongside it.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Very nice!

Do you have jabbas palace to go with it? I've seen the wall colours don't quite match up if displaying alongside it.
I do, but it's currently packed away and not on display. I do know that the 2 playsets have not been designed to join together though, which is a shame. It seems like a no-brainer to do that, but Hasbro dropped the ball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom