Buying from the US is killing me right now - time for a change in collecting?

olisuds

Sith Lord
Hmmm i'm not sure i follow your point. Currencies aren't necessarily meant to be pegged 1:1. 1£ isn't necessarily meant to be $1. Just because £1 is $1.15 right now doesn't mean that it's good for us. It's not it's very bad!

The £ has historically been worth around USD $1.6 over the last 10-20 years. We are almost at a historic all time low.

Similarly the £ has historically been worth around AUD $2.4 over the last 20 years and once again we are almost at an all time historic low.

If you think we have it good compared to these currencies then you need to take a look at the historic currency exchange charts.

Ever since the global financial crisis the £ has taken a dive. We had begun to make a slow recovery but Brexit has caused even further decline in the value of the £.

The £ is now close to historic all time lows against the USD $, Australian $, Canadian $ and Euro and many other currencies

So when you say we've got it good compared to... I'm afraid you have got it wrong. If you are buying from the UK your Canadian $ should be going further than they ever have before in your life.

olisuds

Sith Lord
So here's the 10 year chart showing the decline of the £ against the USD $.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 410

Commander Clint

Padawan
Oli, I do understand what your saying. It's far easier on my pocket book to buy stuff from the UK than it has been in the past, for sure. I still can't justify paying the extra on the currency exchange from my end.

Hypothetically, If the £ falls below par with the US dollar. Then your collecting habits will definitely change. More in line to what I have deal with at the moment. That's all I was trying to get across.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Well I'll certainly agree that the Canadian $ is also weak against the $ USD as well. In fact the $ USD is performing well against most currencies right now. The guys in the US have it good!

olisuds

Sith Lord
Yes very true and of course Theresa May's Brexit speech today. I never thought I would follow politics and the economy so closely. It's all because of Star Wars :-D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom