Display Cabinets for Loose Figs

Looking for a tasteful cabinet for circa 100 figs (plus Jabba's throne and the probot/turret base - maybe a tauntaun). In an ideal world, one where I could fit the Falcon in as well would be ideal.

Any recommendations? IKEA have a few options, but I thought if anyone'll know then one of my fellow SW Spods on here would!

jezza124

Jedi Master
bertie_big_bollocks said:
Looking for a tasteful cabinet for circa 100 figs (plus Jabba's throne and the probot/turret base - maybe a tauntaun). In an ideal world, one where I could fit the Falcon in as well would be ideal.

Any recommendations? IKEA have a few options, but I thought if anyone'll know then one of my fellow SW Spods on here would!
Ive got one from ikea picture of it somewhere in showcase its ok but its a bit wobbley only about 35 quid thought :)

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I'm looking for a glass cabinet which is wide enough to get a decent run of MOC's on one shelf. Theres some on ebay which look ok. The Ikea ones are excellent for the money and well suited to loose figs but a bit small for me.

mash

Sith Lord
my cabinet is a bertby (i think?) from Ikea it will definitely hold 100 figs and jabba. i have a picture of it in the showcase cost about Ã'£60 new mine was a freebie!!!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Ron said:
I will need to remember that TFB i might have a look on-line to see what there is

I would look at local shops around your area. It is easier to pick these things up yourself and cheaper than having them shipped. I have even been in shops were I notice they may have a cabinet that looks like they do not use and ask them If they are willing to part with it.

Ron

Sith Lord
I remember looking before for shop cabinet on line there no cheap. I have a m8 who has his own bussiness. He makes up stairs windows and doors his partner is a cabinet maker. THey said if asked he could make me a cabinet in what ever wood i wanted. But i want nearly a pure glass cabinet. Can you get big display cabinets with a uv resistance glass

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Ron said:
I remember looking before for shop cabinet on line there no cheap. I have a m8 who has his own bussiness. He makes up stairs windows and doors his partner is a cabinet maker. THey said if asked he could make me a cabinet in what ever wood i wanted. But i want nearly a pure glass cabinet. Can you get big display cabinets with a uv resistance glass

Ron, I am not talking on-line shops. Just look around your community and retail stores that have merchandising cabinets, display shelves, glass cabinets on there retail sales floor. They often replace these out and most of the time throw away store racks. Uv cabinets are available, but quite expensive, just limit the sunlight in your display area.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Here is a picture of a cabinate i built just for my figures. It is made from pine stained and waxed in dark aok colour. It allso has a uv stoping perspex front which i liberated from the engineering stores at work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom