End of 2019 Collecting Review and 2020 goals

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I only bought one piece of vintage in 2019 and that was a thank you gift for someone else.
Reading through everyone's collecting goals for 2020 and to be honest I'm thinking about boxing everything up and putting it up in the loft.

I think the fire has gone out for me, not a fan of people who announce their departure from a group (if it's not for you just leave) but I really have enjoyed sharing my love for Star Wars with you guys and made some great friends over the years so wanted to say thanks.

Good luck with your collecting goals
All the best

Colin.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
db94 said:
I only bought one piece of vintage in 2019 and that was a thank you gift for someone else.
Reading through everyone's collecting goals for 2020 and to be honest I'm thinking about boxing everything up and putting it up in the loft.

I think the fire has gone out for me, not a fan of people who announce their departure from a group (if it's not for you just leave) but I really have enjoyed sharing my love for Star Wars with you guys and made some great friends over the years so wanted to say thanks.

All the best

Colin.

I'm sorry to hear that Colin, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. If the fire has gone out, having a break is the sensible thing to do and I'm glad to hear you're going to park your collection rather than sell up.

I've got a feeling the market will loosen up a little now the new trilogy is over and hopefully that might tempt you back if things become more affordable and available.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ok last years wishes looked like this!

Compete the ROTJ issue figures with Anakin Offer sticker on - Still need Nikto, Weequay and Bib, but started on and added lots of non ROTJ characters!
Complete my Diecast loose set (need Slave one and some upgrades!) - Might have sorted this!
The dream find would be an Anakin Offer Shelf Talker! - Never gonna happen :lol:
Buy lots of other random Star Wars **** I don't need! - Oh yes! Bloody loads!
And of course meet up and drink beer with many of you! - Very much done a couple of times!

So this year...

More Anakin Offer MOCs! Especially Bib and Nikto
Complete Icarus placemat collection
Maybe a Pop up R2 upgrade
Get my SNES Super Return of the Jedi game back from Christian, thanks Clarkspie&chips :lol: :wink:
Super Empire Strikes Back complete boxed to complete that run!
And of course a few meet ups and beers with you all, next sou'westers meet up in Swindon late Jan/Feb?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I didn't think I'd buy much this year due to a major personal upheaval but I added a few offerless Jedi MOCS and mini rigs to the collection.
This coming year I'm hoping to pick up some more Jedi MOCS and sealed mini rigs. On the boxed vehicle front I'm still on the lookout for an AT-ST and a Tie-Interceptor preferably sealed.
I'm still umming and ahhing over wether to get the Kelkerman book so will keep an eye out if it's at a decent price.
Like Roundster, I'm looking forward to more Sou'Wester meet ups....

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
So here are this years goals:

1. Maybe pick up a rancor and keeper.
2. Pick up a Slave 1.
3. Build an Endor diorama ??? Work permitting.

Number 1 sorted :D

The rest not quite their yet :lol:

New job, daughter moved out, just to friggin busy !!

Maybe 2020 will see me get 2 and 3 crossed off. Will also keep collecting and expanding my loose collection. I did manage to acquire a good few items this year, now it's time to sort displaying them before my Grandson arrives in February :wink:

Number 2 ticked off :D

20191225_090632.jpg

Just an endor diorama to sort out 8)

Paul1976

Padawan
2019 was my first proper year back collecting SW. I've gone from just 2 loose complete figures to 38 now, in a caninet, plus a few ships, minirigs and assorted vintage stuff incluidng some SW weekly comics. Got the kids into SW too, been to my first Echo Live and FF and enjoyed seeing the old and new movies again.

So 2020, plenty to work on, but targetting:

1. Progress the loose run, maybe up to 60 figures
2. Complete the ROTJ figure run
3. Buy some more star wars weekly comics and my first vintage Topps cards
4. Enter the strange world of cardbacks
5. Attend some more live events and meet some more folk face to face.

It's been great to enetr such a strong community here and on the FB groups. Thanks everyone and happy 2020.
Paul

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
db94 said:

All the best

Colin.

You will be missed Colin, some times a break is good, but I do believe the force will drag you back eventually , :lol: hopefully a lot of the hype of the last 20 years will die down and we can return to the good old days of collecting late 80's early 90's :)

spoons

Grand Master
I failed on all of my goals for last year but can't complain about what I did find.

I sold off my Micro collection so the Wampa cave is off the list but I still want the other two

1. Find two TIE bomber wings
2. The micro collection wampa cave
3. Another SW character on an ESB card

For 2020

1. TIE Bomber wings
2. SW Character on ESB card
3. Loose 12" figures
4. Complete my Fascal sticker run

And good luck Colin, hope to see you back before too long

coomber75

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I failed on all of my goals for last year but can't complain about what I did find.

I sold off my Micro collection so the Wampa cave is off the list but I still want the other two

For 2020

1. TIE Bomber wings
3. Loose 12" figures

hi mate youve probably seen this but found this bundle stateside... bit pricy but worth a haggle maybe?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1978-Vintage-Star-Wars-Die-Cast-Tie-Bomber-Twin-Pod-Cloud-Car-Y-Wing-Fighter/392383442873?hash=item5b5be02fb9:g:~HkAAOSwV79dEwBk

spoons

Grand Master
coomber75 said:
spoons said:

For 2020

1. TIE Bomber wings
3. Loose 12" figures

hi mate youve probably seen this but found this bundle stateside... bit pricy but worth a haggle maybe?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1978-Vintage-Star-Wars-Die-Cast-Tie-Bomber-Twin-Pod-Cloud-Car-Y-Wing-Fighter/392383442873?hash=item5b5be02fb9:g:~HkAAOSwV79dEwBk

Cheers - I'd not seen that but I'll pass. Seems quite reasonable although it is missing the front but I'm after just the wings as I have a complete one and a spare body I'm trying to finish off.

starwars00

Jedi Knight
These were the 2 main highlights of my year. I bought a lot last year which was mainly funded through selling my trilogo focus.

My main aim in 2020 is to find an ESB offerless R5D4 to complete my offerless esb focus.

Luke

D9D420F3-6F06-4F3D-8CDA-A554251E41E7.jpeg
52C1CED9-197C-487F-818B-27C8E0C21EA5.jpeg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Last year was good for me at the start, but I fizzled out a bit at the end. Managed to get a DB Hoth Rebel Soldier which was the highlight purchase for me. Also built up the HRS army to over 50 and got more MOC.

Chipped away at the Kenner debut run (nearly debut run :lol: ) was lucky to get a 31 A Hoth Stormtrooper and a couple others for that run.

As for this year will be after more HRS, loose and MOC. The debut run is getting harder so I may just get 1 or 2 of them, Luke Stormtrooper is calling and perhaps Luke Jedi. Truth be known I don't want the debut run to end, which is lucky as I don't see how I'm ever going to get some of them. :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Always enjoy this thread, just spent a nice five minutes with a cuppa and reading through, can't believe so many of you stay on target,

So this is what I said at start of 2019;

Obviously the garage is my main focus
Haha, this has been top of my list for 3/4 years now and it's still not good. Although I have started a big sort through I have decided to continue sorting it out in 2020 and will get the builders in to convert it properly with Kitchen/bathroom etc.
1. 12 backs - continue the run, just added my third, would like to be at 8 by the end of 2019
And managed to make it to 8 picking one up at Farthest From in December, huge tick with this one then.
2. Imperial Dignitary focus - nothing massive, just one shelf in a detolf, a POTF MOC, a Trilogo MOC, nice loose figure and a loose coin
Completed this too, wow, I'm smashing it, can't beat a bit of Dignitary love, Mini99 came and completed this shelf and I'm pretty sure it inspired him to grab himself an Imperial Dignitary focus too
3. Continue loose run - having sold of my last loose set I'm enjoying piecing another one together, 20 in after around 6 weeks, not in any rish on this but be nice to see it grow in 2019.
Started, got halfway through inside about 6 weeks, have stopped though, kept majority and made up shelves alongside mocs but back burner once again.
4. Add 2 pieces of Sigma minimum, be nice to hunt down the Rebo Band music box.
Starting to feel quite disciplined as picked up three! picked up a figurine in Chicago that I needed, grabbed a vase at the Prop Store auction but most importantly I managed to pick up the Rebp Band music box thanks to the delightful Cornish_jedi a real gent, a great price and a top five piece of Sigma for me
5. German Mustard drinking glasses, having completed the French would like to get the set of 5 from germany next.
Haven't managed to track down any yet, not easy to find over here, think I need to find myself a nice German acquaitance
6. Get a Kenner Butch Cassidy MOC to go with my Sundance Kid one.
Nope, did consider selling Sundance Kid but changed my mind last minute as do like it, back burner this, one day
7. Chewbacca Rumph Mug
Nope
8. More Star Wars Vinyl
A few items here and there, do enjoy these but happy to pick up as and when
9. Cast or crew item from any Star Wars movie
Nope
10. Star Wars Palitoy Jawa reseal/open bubble - for a shelf I've been working on but don't think I'll drop the money on the sealed one.
Nope, although did get a Harbert reseal which I love and picked up the 12 back as well as a Vinyl Cape Jawa from Vectis so the shelf has taken shape anyway.

And again, get posting regularly on the forum.
Always fall short of this, time being the main reason
Research the Hobby more and educate myself.
In certain areas
Keep cracking the podcasts out.
Did for 9 months, but I'll be back in 2020 - watch this space!
And have a belting Celebration.
Without doubt a huge tick, an amazing trip spent with some close mates

Not a bad effort - kind of hit half my targets

So this year will be as follows for my targets;
1. Complete my 12 back run - require Luke, Vader, Stormtrooper and DSC
2. Add another two pieces of Sigma - getting harder to find what I need
3. Crack on with the first 21 on Star Wars cards away from first 12 - currently have Greedo, Fett, Power Droid - so 6 to go
4. Continue picking up some Trilogos for my slow burning Trilogo run - picked up 10 last year
5. Continue searching for those German Mustard glasses
6. Pick up another item from Prop Store, really love my Signed Storyboard I purchased in Chicago, fancy another piece
7. Would like a Loose Ledy Jawa
8. Continue picking up POTF2 - putting together an extensive run of these including different country cards.

Post on the forum more often
Go to a few more conventions especially do a few with my son this year.

JP6

Youngling
Really enjoyed reading through all these so far. I can't have any goals from last year as I've only just started on my journey but I can put some goals for 2020....

I will keep it nice and simple and hopefully realistic...

1. Complete a loose graded run of first 12 figures.

2. Pick up a moc of either of the following on a ROTJ card... Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, AT-AT driver, Tie fighter pilot or Biker Scout.

3. Start on collecting the next 9 loose graded towards completing the first 21.

It might not seem like much but I'm currently also paying for my wedding, which isn't until October 2021 but it's costing a bomb. Got to keep the other half happy though or she might not be as easy going with my other hobbies like this one haha!

Good luck to everybody this year with their own personal goals.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I'm struggling to remember what my goals were fro 2019, but it was definitely one of my slower years in collecting. This year however I'd like to finally get a nice complete POTF Skiff and I've recently got a hankering for the radio controlled Sandcrawler. I think Chapter 2 of The Mandolorian is to blame for that. Ooh, and a trilogo Biker Scout.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
2019 Hopes and Dreams:

- Prop item related to SOLO
- Finish the Sigma mug run (Yoda needed)
- Staying with ceramics; Roman Ceramics C-3PO Cookie Jar & the Rumph Vader tankard
- Dream a dream... and add one of the final four Tri Logo pieces
- I'd like a Skiff as its the only vehicle/play-set I've not got in the collection
- A Cast and Crew item from each of the Prequels (yes, really!)

Nothing cheap or really easy then! :roll: :cry:

So... 2019 was a totally different roller-coaster of a year than I planned, but while I still had skin in the game, I ticked off a few and missed a few:
- Got the SOLO Prop, though it is from the Lord & Miller cut, so weirdly doesn't make the final cut... has paperwork and provence, so not too sure how I feel about it being a complete objective.
- Finished the Sigma mugs; but sold them all as part of my enforced sell off
- Nope, no Roman or Rumph
- Yes, kinda.. got the Fett, but open bubble; again sold now though
- No skiff
- No prequel C&C

2020 and beyond...
- Genuinely no plan.
I've actually started looking more at Vintage Action Man when searching eBay, than any attempt to start to slowly buy back a Star Wars collection of any sort right now; it all feels a bit too soon.
I do hope I get at least one SW MoC this year as having let them all go it does feel like a real hole in my life...

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
2019 Hopes and Dreams:

- Prop item related to SOLO
- Finish the Sigma mug run (Yoda needed)
- Staying with ceramics; Roman Ceramics C-3PO Cookie Jar & the Rumph Vader tankard
- Dream a dream... and add one of the final four Tri Logo pieces
- I'd like a Skiff as its the only vehicle/play-set I've not got in the collection
- A Cast and Crew item from each of the Prequels (yes, really!)

Nothing cheap or really easy then! :roll: :cry:

So... 2019 was a totally different roller-coaster of a year than I planned, but while I still had skin in the game, I ticked off a few and missed a few:
- Got the SOLO Prop, though it is from the Lord & Miller cut, so weirdly doesn't make the final cut... has paperwork and provence, so not too sure how I feel about it being a complete objective.
- Finished the Sigma mugs; but sold them all as part of my enforced sell off
- Nope, no Roman or Rumph
- Yes, kinda.. got the Fett, but open bubble; again sold now though
- No skiff
- No prequel C&C

2020 and beyond...
- Genuinely no plan.
I've actually started looking more at Vintage Action Man when searching eBay, than any attempt to start to slowly buy back a Star Wars collection of any sort right now; it all feels a bit too soon.
I do hope I get at least one SW MoC this year as having let them all go it does feel like a real hole in my life...
I wish you all the best Steve.
Remember, whatever you collect please enjoy it. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom