EV 9D9 Bowed Legs Valuation

malskelton

Youngling
Hi guys

After finding my childhood SW figures recently when my parents moved I decided to move Yak Face & Luke Stormie to put towards a motorbike to help me get to work easier .... unfortunately this evening I've taken the cat to the vets and my plans to work on completing my vintage loose figure collection have come to an abrupt halt.

With that in mind I think I reluctantly need to move on some of my Last 17 figures :-(

I need some guidance on EV 9D9

I bought this brand new with my birthday money in 1985 and remember at the time that the legs were bowed in the packaging so have been like this since day #1 ...... but how would it affect the pricing ?

Below are some pics - condition wise it looks brand new to somebody with limited knowledge such as myself, the arms are solid and the mouth movement is as new + no paint loss that I can see ..... the flaw is the bandy legs. It does stand up unaided but wondered if the community could give me an idea of what to ask price wise

IMG_1188_zpsb0d6ajpk.jpg

IMG_1189_zpsqm4uo894.jpg

IMG_1190_zpse8wqfdfn.jpg

IMG_1191_zps1vemuora.jpg

Thanks in advance for assistance - sorry to ask so many questions but I just want to try and understand the hobby a little more

Mal Skelton

Joe

Grand Master
You can fix the out of shape legs on EV by placing them in boiling water for about 20 seconds then holding them straight and in the required position whilst running them under a cold tap.

Should work first time but if not just try again (or use hotter water/keep the legs in the water longer).

malskelton

Youngling
Joe said:
You can fix the out of shape legs on EV by placing them in boiling water for about 20 seconds then holding them straight and in the required position whilst running them under a cold tap.

Should work first time but if not just try again (or use hotter water/keep the legs in the water longer).

I think that's one of the weirdest things I've ever done ..... didn't anticipate just how much the legs would be mouldable after just 15 seconds

Anyway, update - here's the first pic

IMG_1188_zpsb0d6ajpk.jpg

And here's the second pic :)

IMG_1193_zpsnb7xdzff.jpg

I'm amazed :)

Would the value still be around £55 ?

Mal Skelton

Joe

Grand Master
malskelton said:
I'm amazed :)

Would the value still be around £55 ?

£75 now according to Rich..which is just as well because you owe me £20 for that advice :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
Picking these up with both arms fully attached isn't as easy as you think so the 75GBP is a good price for that one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom