Facebook pages

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Decent + Facebook? Hmmm...

I detest it, with a passion. I occasionally sell stuff on FB, as a last resort, but my account is deactivated 99% of the time. Unfortunately, FB has led to the demise of places like this. It used to be mega busy on here, with amazing sales posts etc, but loads of people jumped ship for the immediacy of FB and struggle to leave, due to FOMO. Thankfully, this place has stabilised and we have a great community.

There are some decent groups, with lots of helpful, genuine people e.g. Jabba's Court, Echo Base, Vintage SW Palitoy etc. It's a very different experience, though, with a fair amount of pedantry, rules, dick-swinging, sycophantic behaviour (mostly towards the 'celebrity sellers' group moderators, etc). Posts/info get lost in the ether very quickly, unlike the forums, which are an absolute mine of info, if you're prepared to take your time.

Gadders

Padawan
I was a member of a ton of FB groups, but left almost all of them late last year. Feel much better for it. Reason for leaving? the reasons Cazza states above - mainly in the big UK group. A few years ago it was a superb place to pick up what you need at a very good price. These days I find eBay cheaper for a large part of what i'm looking for, and without all the attitude.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom