FAKES..

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:evil: some one must be buying lots of his stuff,,, i know most collectors would have got a purple rocket fett when they first came out as it was a novelty thing.
And their colour and the fact the they were well known to have never been produced made it impossible to pass em off as fakes.

if they were marked then i would rest a little easier but really this means i am gonna have huge trouble building the army again.

Or **** it maybe i will just mail him and ask him to run me off 500 stormies for a few hundred and be done with - not ($7 x 500 = $3500 )

itfciain

Grand Master
Looks like he has been well and truly put in his place on the RS board judging by the number of deleted posts.

What always annoys me about these things is the fact the the creator never puts an end to all of the potential problems by just stamping reproduction on the item.

I understand that there is a market for these items and was having a chat with a member on here the other day who is happy to buy repro weapons for his sons collection. His son wouldn't care if they had repro stamped on them and later in life, should he want to get rid of them then they will not find their way into people's collections unknowingly because they would have this stamp.

In this case - making the limbs softer is a load of bull crap - if you can go to the trouble to do this then go to the trouble to stamp them properly.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
This is what happens when you let someone like Mark Poon sell reproductions on your forum. He states "they can't be passed off as originals" BOLLOCKS! These will now enter the market and no one will be able to tell if they are buying originals or customs. RS should have banned him a long time ago but they like to pick and chose when they apply their own rules with regards to customs and fakes. I saw this coming and ranted on the subject sometime early last year.
I'm not gonna say anything on that thread as i'll just end up being rude but this is a little reap what you so for RS and the members who've been lapping up his customs and fakes for years.

Completely in agreement with you Pete! Has he been banned yet judging by his deleted posts he has? :?

PGowdy

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
PGowdy said:
he did exact replicas of the reissue Fetts that ToysRUs did recently. Some could argue those were "fakes" too as opposed to customs.
nah the ToysRUs Fetts have that massive big rocket.

I'm talking about the mocs he did not the ones in the little boxes. I didn't see what kind of rocket they had but for all intents and purposes, from what i could see, they looked identical in every way.

ODB

Jedi Master
Yet another example of greed and stupidity that will be the end of this hobby for a lot of people, but its OK some people on RS think its fine and they are afterall the sole purveyors of right and wrong for the hobby. F***tards.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
10V_MailIn_BobaFettRocket.jpg

DarthSwales

Padawan
Urgh... This is annoying... I was thinking of army building some Stormies and then I saw this thread on TIG.... Not good. :evil:

As for the ToysRus repro of Boba, don't worry, it's very distinguishable as a repro:

5013375027_b22ecba08d.jpg

The original Kenner version on the left and Hasbro's repro on the right, you can see that the repro is taller, its arms stick out more, the peg hole in the foot is much more smaller so to fit the modern pegs in modern vehicles and playsets, and the head is slightly thinner and looks different. Plus it has Hasbro's copyright info stamped on the back of the figure, and as for the card it comes on, it has a completely different cardback:

TVC-1593.jpg

Hope that settles things on the Boba repro, but I'm still a little unnerved at those Stormies... I mean... If he can do this, what's next? :cry:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah but the discussion here wasn't about the ToysRUs Fett being a copy of the vintage Fett it was about Mark Poon doing copies/repros similar to the ToysRUs Fett. It was more the legal implications of doing such a close copy and most RS collectors being ok with that but then he produces these Stormies off the back of that success... and so the discussion went on, i can't be bothered to go over it all again. :wink: That's the gist.

DarthSwales

Padawan
PGowdy said:
Yeah but the discussion here wasn't about the ToysRUs Fett being a copy of the vintage Fett it was about Mark Poon doing copies of the ToysRUs Fett. It was more the legal implications of doing such a close copy and most RS collectors being ok with that but then he produces these Stormies off the back of that success... and so the discussion went on, i can't be bothered to go over it all again. :wink: That's the gist.

Ahh my bad, although if he's copied the ToysRus ones then surely they'll still have the same distinctive features? I dunno, I've only just learnt about Mark Poon since I'm still fairly new to this hobby. :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Now on ebay & they do have the Hong Kong COO :eek: :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160712479186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1321wt_1272

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Vintage-Star-Wars-Shadow-Blackhole-Stormtrooper-Army-Trooper-Builder-Set-/160712482652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256b35df5c#ht_1345wt_1272

looks like fake city headed our way guys :cry:

itfciain

Grand Master
FFS that is terrible news - that Mark Poon should be banned from all things Star Wars

itfciain

Grand Master
Little bit of digging but I reckon this might actually be his ebay account - lots of repro's sold and saw this in the feedback

Neutral feedback rating Advertisement lied about location stated US but in signapore otherwise good item
Member ID kneighthawke ( Feedback score of 288Teal star icon for Feedback score between 100 to 499)
07-Nov-11 03:02
1:1 Star Wars Medal of Yavin Prop Replica Shiny Finish (#160640370767) US $55.00 View Item

PGowdy

Grand Master
It kind of is and it kind of isn't. There are several grey areas and it's a discussion way more complicated than the one at hand.
If you're gonna build a Millenium Falcon, for example, out of wood, at home and sell it on ebay as something you've knocked up yourself.- i don't think anyone's really gonna complain. But what we are talking about here is intentional, exact, replicas of vintage toys and figures. Mark Poon is in no way attempting to make something similar to a vintage toy with his own spin on it, or even a vintage replica with a clear difference or indication that it is a replica. What Mark is doing is attempting [and succeeding it seems] to 100% accurately copy a vintage toy and, altho it's not been confirmed yet, i would bet everything i own on him having put a vintage date and stamp on those minty stormtroopers he produced. To suggest this was done with even an ounce of naivety is, it itself, completely naive.
That's all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom