Farthest From this Weekend!!

Jez

Sith Lord
I must be missing something but Is there not a thread for this??

Farthest From this weekend, all wings report in!

IMG_1384.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think there was a thread for the one that moved date (AKA this one) but yes I will be there! :giggle:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I can't make this new re arranged date unfortunately, have a great weekend all those that are attending.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I enjoyed it, but it seemed much quieter today than previous events. I think it was good that the talks were moved back to the main hall like the early events, but there were far, far fewer stalls and therefore toys for sale than previous events. I don't think this was only due to the talks taking up some space, perhaps the rearranged date didn't work for some traders. There was a nice selection of MOCs available at current (ie high) prices, a few bargains on Stu's stall, but far less than I've seen before. This one seemed aimed more at fans than collectors, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, but personally I would have liked to see a few more trader stalls.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
And the impact of Echo cannot be ignored. Those going to an event whose main aim is to buy may prioritise Echo given its scale nowadays and the location?

lejackal

Grand Master
For me as a strange creature that doesn't drive FF is a complete arseache to try and travel to, whereas Echo is an hour maybe on the train.

That's not a complaint by the way, and certainly not a slight on the event, more of a damming indictment of public transport for anything other than NW to SE on the main line.

I'll make it one day, just need to drag the family along

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Well yesterday my wife brought me tickets to Worcester comic con for our wedding anniversary and in a nutshell, it was awful, so I suggested that there was this small event called the Farthest from in Fordingbridge a good 5hour round trip.

So we decided to do it, I have never been before and I have always promised Dave Tree, I would one day go, so off we drove!

On the way down there I said to her the list of mocs I would love to own, one being a 12bk Tusken Raider, when we arrived the event was smaller than I was expecting but it had quality on sale, after a brief catch up with Gary Smith, I had a wander around and there it was a 12bk Tusken! What do I do? I looked at my wife and she said " you have come all this way, you can't go back empty handed, so I want to say a big thanks to Stuart Skinner for accepting my offer (who I did not know was on here)

So here it is with my other 12bks
received_1247988719036316.jpeg

sith-smith

Grand Master
It was a small one this time, but a great show nonetheless. Great catching up, great score on the Sandpeople and glad your son loved that book!

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
@Carl Waterworth - didn't realise it was you. You bought the Tusken from Stuart. We were sat at the table. Got it for a good price.
It's difficult to put names to faces from forum. Sorry I didn't get to say hello.

It was an impromptu decision to come down and said to the wife a number of mocs I really wanted, so as soon as I say it I had to have it
I am so.pleased with it.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Sadly could not make it this time (again) as it was the last day of our family vacation. Even thought about taking a slight diversion from our way back from the Netherlands to Germany ... but I was immediately unmasked, when I tried to steer towards the ferry. Hopefully there will be a Christmas-Edition this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom