FS ESB MOCS

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Agreed Lee on all counts.

The "I'm not digging you out" whilst proceeding to dig me out is ridiculous. It's like calling someone a name and ending a sentence with "lol" cos that's acceptable right?! It is what it is and I don't mind...

I don't know what was posted after me and what comments were made or if this is a common occurrence now but from what I read into it, it seems to be.

I was just asking an honest question it wasn't some cryptic coded idea to indicate that I thought the prices were high, there was no indication of whether it was $$ or ££s.

To be honest this sort of stuff is why I don't really post anymore which is a shame cos I love the forum and its members.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Ok, so I did read your first post as having a poke at the prices. Not the only one by all accounts. It wasn't quite "is that pounds or Turkish lira?, but I read it along those lines.

Which I thought was a bit hypocritical given the prices in the aforementioned fs thread. From your comments you have previously agreed the prices in that thread were ott on some of the items. I missed the fact you had been called out and answered this prior.

Just speaking my mind. Obviously got the wrong end of the stick on your comment early on in this thread. Nothing personal.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I bought an AFA graded Palitoy Ugnaught off him recently. It started off at £450, and I waited to give him a chance to see if he could get his asking price before asking for a discount I could afford. Once he had to drop it to £400 I asked if he would go £350, and he did.

We all want to get a decent price for our items, but at the same time not appearing greedy to the community.

This method of selling is good way to do it when no one has exact prices for figures that are not only on dozens of different card-backs, different condition, and different grades. We can't do auctions on here, So, like I did in my last sales thread, list items at the higher end of previous similar sales, and what doesn't sell, you reduce by a percentage until you get that biting point. I had a few figures that sold no problem at that higher end, and after a week or so I started getting PMs with "will you do blah blah for such and such?", and I did. Some of my figures ended up going for less than 50% less than I was asking, but on averaging out the 19 sold, I got a total I was hoping for.

Joe

Grand Master
Blimey chaps, we look away for five minutes and you are all at each others throats!

I think a little more common sense needs to be used in this section of the forum from now on as sales threads are notorious for exploding once the comments start coming in thick and fast.

That's not to say people aren't allowed to comment - far from it! In fact I think it's very had NOT to post your honest feelings when you see a very high asking price (I'm guilty of it too) but if you DO decide to post then please, try to be respectful. The way you ask a question can make a world of difference and if you genuinely think someone is wrong then you l could even use past sales data to back your views up which would probably go down a bit better than just acting like the seller is trying to take the piss.

I don't believe for one moment that anyone was trying to hound boba or any other seller off the forum its just a funny time for vintage right now that's all. There are a lot of "day traders" that are just buying to sell in order to make a profit and at times it can be very hard to work out who falls into that category when you see them trying to make hundreds or thousands out of what appear to be rather common figures.

Anyway whats done is done, if boba wants to come back and try the selling thing again he's welcome to.

PS: sellers take note! The collectors on swf definitely don't expect bargains but it goes without saying that someone who sets more "friendly" prices is far more likely to sell their items quicker and gain the trust and respect from the members quicker too. If none of that matters to you and your only aim is to make the most money you can then perhaps eBay is a better idea.

Peace to all!!

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Blimey chaps, we look away for five minutes and you are all at each others throats!

I think a little more common sense needs to be used in this section of the forum from now on as sales threads are notorious for exploding once the comments start coming in thick and fast.

That's not to say people aren't allowed to comment - far from it! In fact I think it's very had NOT to post your honest feelings when you see a very high asking price (I'm guilty of it too) but if you DO decide to post then please, try to be respectful. The way you ask a question can make a world of difference and if you genuinely think someone is wrong then you l could even use past sales data to back your views up which would probably go down a bit better than just acting like the seller is trying to take the piss.

I don't believe for one moment that anyone was trying to hound boba or any other seller off the forum its just a funny time for vintage right now that's all. There are a lot of "day traders" that are just buying to sell in order to make a profit and at times it can be very hard to work out who falls into that category when you see them trying to make hundreds or thousands out of what appear to be rather common figures.

Anyway whats done is done, if boba wants to come back and try the selling thing again he's welcome to.

PS: sellers take note! The collectors on swf definitely don't expect bargains but it goes without saying that someone who sets more "friendly" prices is far more likely to sell their items quicker and gain the trust and respect from the members quicker too. If none of that matters to you and your only aim is to make the most money you can then perhaps eBay is a better idea.

Peace to all!!

Well said Joe

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Unfortunately (I usually get slated for this) if you look on facebook anyone asking for valuations are just told you go look at ebay completed listings. As a buyer I disagree with this as there are some crazy prices on there but sellers (conveniently) disagree and say if that's what they're going for that's their true value. I was after a vinyl cape Jawa and Orange hair Luke Farmboy to complete my loose collection but I've just given up now. Someone on RS a little while back put an Orange hair Luke up for over $1000 because they said that's what one went for on ebay recently and then straight other another one went up for sale on there for over $1000. Personally I think it's wrong and anyone who disagrees can suck my hairy man titties.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom