Gamorrean Guard Figure, COO reference guide.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Head sculpts:

There are a few differences between variants. Here is the Macau COO figure alongside one of the H.K COO variants. It is quite noticeable in hand that the H.K COO variant has much more definition in the face sculpt. Both H.K figures I have at present appear to have similar sculpts.

Note: A very common feature with this figure is the appearance of wear to the paintwork on the horns of the figure. The new figure here shows a nice mint example of the yellow paint application

Macau and H.K figures
IMG_20150216_135809.jpg

Two H.K COO variants. Similar, defined Head sculpts:
IMG_20150216_140851.jpg

I will update this as more variants arrive :D

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
hope that helps:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/kenner-variants/mold-color-variants/#gamguard

pupils left out and pupils sprayed green
Axe molded brown and axe molded silver

;)

Cheers

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Armour Update:

As previously discussed, there appears to be a few differences between variants. This shot shows three of the colours available. These differences in paint applications appear to occur across all COO variants.

IMG_20150216_183106.jpg

IMG_20150216_195457.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
There is a lot of coo for that figure. So far I have found 17 :lol:
I see the 'CoO' differently.

To me there are 6 variants: Hong Kong, HK (& it's no CoO counterpart), Macau(& it's no CoO counterpart) & Ledy. With limbs made in mould pairs that is 4 possible CoO versions of the Hong Kong variant, 4 X HK, 4 X Macau....

Then paint 'variations' from there. The face detail Rog researched but his pictures died with webshots :(

'Mould' Hong Kong has EPM (ejector pin marks) on front upper thighs.

Another pig 'oddity'
sdc12011.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Great post AJ....thanks for the comments and picture. Must keep an eye out for that. Does it appear on any particular figure.?
Thanks again
Jeff

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
Pomse2001 said:
There is a lot of coo for that figure. So far I have found 17 :lol:
I see the 'CoO' differently.

To me there are 6 variants: Hong Kong, HK (& it's no CoO counterpart), Macau(& it's no CoO counterpart) & Ledy. With limbs made in mould pairs that is 4 possible CoO versions of the Hong Kong variant, 4 X HK, 4 X Macau....

Then paint 'variations' from there. The face detail Rog researched but his pictures died with webshots :(

'Mould' Hong Kong has EPM (ejector pin marks) on front upper thighs.

Another pig 'oddity'
sdc12011.jpg

I think it is ok you see it differently :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Great post AJ....thanks for the comments and picture. Must keep an eye out for that. Does it appear on any particular figure.?
Thanks again
Jeff

Yes I have only found them on a Hong Kong coo and I have also only found them with the no. 2 under the foot. I have never seen other no.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Cool, thanks Lars. Hopefully should have a Hong Kong COO figure update soon :D

PS: Sent you those pic's again...Hopefully should be with you now

Cool I can't wait to see the Hong Kong update :D

I hope this time I get the pictures :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
H.K figure leg markings:

On closer inspection of the COO markings on the two H.K figures, I noticed a few small differences between the two. The following shot hopefully highlights this.

First up, the Dark brown pants, Darker skin figures markings appear to be a lot more defined. The "C" copyright mark is a good example.
Next up, the LFL stamping on the light green figure has a noticeable gap between the 'L' and 'F' letters.The darker figures stamp is much closer together.

Also, the Dots on the H.K stamp, left leg, are quite a bit smaller in the Darker figure.

IMG_20150218_162055.jpg

Finally, there is a distinctive difference between the two date stamp on each figure. One has the '1980' stamp in a straight line. The Darker figures stamp is staggered, with the '80' part lower than the start, as can be seen here.

IMG_20150218_192109.jpg

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
It is 4 families btw...AJ is totally right!

H.K.
Hong Kong
Macau
No coo (LL)

but if I remember right there is more then 2 versions on some ...plus the right leg and left leg combinations....

a complicted one, especially since Macau COO has much "use" to it....it can be clear, half gone, even more gone and totally invisible!

Cheers

Wolff

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Hong Kong figure variant:

Next up, Hong Kong COO figure. Full upwards facing Hong Kong stamp on left leg. Couple of unique differences with this figure, discussed below.
IMG_20150219_092544.jpg

IMG_20150219_092557.jpg

Leg markings:
IMG_20150219_092611.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Ejector pin markings:

As highlighted by aussiejames, One unique feature with the Hong Kong figure is the presence of Ejector pin markings (EPM) on the front, upper legs. These don't appear on other variants.

IMG_20150219_092848.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Paint spray application:

Another feature as discussed earlier in the link provided by Wolff, is the paint spray application to the eyes of the figure. As can be seen here, the Hong Kong figure has Yellow paint application and then Green sprayed eyes.

IMG_20150219_092940.jpg

I will post comparison shots with H.K and Macau COO figures later. I'm not 100% sure if this is a unique feature with Hong Kong figure variants. The Macau COO figure has very similar eyes.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom