Help with Ebay Global Shipping

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi all,

I don't usually offer international shipping on my ebay listings but someone has asked me from the US if I would offer it and suggested I use Global Shipping. I can see that you have to send it somewhere in the UK and ebay sends it on, but does anyone know if I just need to check the Global Shipping tab in my listing and keep my UK postage the same and that's it, or will I need to specify the US shipping cost?

Any help appreciated,

Ian

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi Ian,

From my experience you only pay to send it to the location in the UK and the rest the buyer has paid for when they pay for the item the postage to the US is automatically added. Has been awhile though so it may have changed.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi all,

I don't usually offer international shipping on my ebay listings but someone has asked me from the US if I would offer it and suggested I use Global Shipping. I can see that you have to send it somewhere in the UK and ebay sends it on, but does anyone know if I just need to check the Global Shipping tab in my listing and keep my UK postage the same and that's it, or will I need to specify the US shipping cost?

Any help appreciated,

Ian
As you and above have said, choose Global Shipping, keep the postage the same and post it to the UK address in the "View order Details" page.
Don't forget the eBay number within the address.
😀

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks guys for the response, really appreciate it and I'll update my listing and hopefully that should work. It's not something I've used before but seems straight forward enough and should hopefully get me another bid at least.

Cheers,

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks guys for the response, really appreciate it and I'll update my listing and hopefully that should work. It's not something I've used before but seems straight forward enough and should hopefully get me another bid at least.

Cheers,

Ian
I've only used it a few times, but it was seamless…although expensive for the buyer it does work well.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've only used it a few times, but it was seamless…although expensive for the buyer it does work well.
Hi Ian,

Exactly. Nick's quite right. I think it works well enough for sellers, but as a buyer I detest it with a burning passion! It costs more than a standard postal service and guarantees you cannot avoid import duties or VAT. Also, many items sent to me via the GSP have been opened and 'repacked' by some ham-fisted clown at eBay! Whilst I have never suffered any serious damage to items I have purchased that were sent using the 'service', I also feel that I have been extremely fortunate. On several occasions packing materials have clearly been removed and not replaced before the box was resealed! It's been painfully apparent that a great lack of care has been taken in many instances. I know how to pack things infinitely better than some special needs monkey working for eBay, and hence for my own peace of mind, and as a courtesy to the buyer, I would never ever choose to use the GSP. Having said that, if your potential buyer is requesting that you use it...

Jeremy

lejackal

Grand Master
GSP used to work as a buyer for budget MOCs (as an example) from the US because originally it was set up wrong - essentially if you kept the price just about £70-75 the GSP just charged their slightly excessive postage cost but never any VAT or import costs, and because it was pre cleared you never had anything to pay. Now they've gone the other way and it on for EVERYTHING

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi Ian,

Exactly. Nick's quite right. I think it works well enough for sellers, but as a buyer I detest it with a burning passion! It costs more than a standard postal service and guarantees you cannot avoid import duties or VAT. Also, many items sent to me via the GSP have been opened and 'repacked' by some ham-fisted clown at eBay! Whilst I have never suffered any serious damage to items I have purchased that were sent using the 'service', I also feel that I have been extremely fortunate. On several occasions packing materials have clearly been removed and not replaced before the box was resealed! It's been painfully apparent that a great lack of care has been taken in many instances. I know how to pack things infinitely better than some special needs monkey working for eBay, and hence for my own peace of mind, and as a courtesy to the buyer, I would never ever choose to use the GSP. Having said that, if your potential buyer is requesting that you use it...

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy and it's just a card back so should be simple enough to pack and hopefully won't need opening up (if they do then that;s their fault!).

Thabnks again to all that helped with this.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've used the GSP for selling a lot and find it really easy takes all the hassle out for the seller. You're also covered if the buyer wants to return it which can be a nightmare for international sales. You sell an item and the buyer puts in a claim to return it and the postage is more than the item. GSP will deal with any problems once they have shipped it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom