How long does it stay in Quarantine

jayjedi

Sith Lord
So i have bought something from Brazil, a Glasslite Tie Fighter, and my wife and I have had a discussion how long it stays in the box before I am allowed to open it :lol: My theory is that it has been in the postage system for 2 weeks so all should be fine. Apparently that is not the correct opinion and it should stay a further 7 days quarantined. We managed to get that down to 3 days but wondered if you guys or your other halves would object to an item coming from a highly infected country. Now she is a bit strict on hygiene and virtually hoses the kids down in anti bac gel when they get back from school, followed by showers and all clothes and shoes are washed immediately when entering the home!! its like a scene from Monsters Inc with the sock.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I do understand your wife's concerns, mine's a bit like that too...I have had a few parcels from Italy and France since Covid-19 and I haven't put them into any quarantine, I couldn't wait to open them. :D
I don't open then on the kitchen work surface's as I normally would and do wash my hands afterwards, which I do after handling anything that's come into the house, if I do these things she's been ok with that.
But if it makes her happy, then what's another 3 days on top of I suspect a least 3 weeks for it to get here :? the suspense would get the better of me... :roll:
Anyway a Glasslite Tie, very nice, please post some pictures once it's been liberally sprayed down with anti-bac.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Anyway a Glasslite Tie, very nice, please post some pictures once it's been liberally sprayed down with anti-bac.

:D Will do and I also bought from Italy early into their outbreak, it is a 12" Harbert R2 D2 or C1P8, I did leave it in the box for 2 days as I was busy but didn't tell the wife where it was from until after I had opened it, hence the quarantine rules :lol: But it was cheap, about 56 pounds including postage and the box is nice, i will get pics up once cabinets sorted as a bit all over the place at the moment.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
72 hours will be fine, so open it! You would have had the most risk from picking it up when you received it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I wash my hands after opening any package as the postman/courier has handled it within the last hour, but once inside the box I don't think there's anything to worry about, it will have been at least a couple of days since anybody touched the contents. I believe the virus doesn't last long on surfaces, especially in hot weather

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom