How to mail DVD ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Is it just me or do you also get damaged dvd boxes when you get a packet with DVD mailed in bubble envelopes ?

The last 2 months I have bought first Xena season 4 and 5 on DVD. Seller mailed from the uk to denmark in envelope not even a bubble envelope both boxes was broken and one dvd broken in 2 pieces :roll: I mailed it back to seller.

Then I bought Xena season 4, again mailed in envelope but this time bubble envelope and box was broken but the damage was in the bottom of the box so I choose to keep it because, I got tired of all this returning damaged items.

Then I bought Xena season 6, seller mailed it in a box and there was no damage, fantastic, good service 8)

Today I got the last one I was missing season 5 again this seller mailed it in bubble envelope and dvd box is broken :roll: I have now contacted seller to fix the problem :roll:

Maybe I am very unlucky, but I never mailed dvd in bubble envelopes because I fear they would break so I always use a case when I sell my dvd and people want me to mail them.

What do you think and do ?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The problem is cost. In the UK a bubble envelope counts as a large letter, and a box with any kind of padding is a small parcel. The price difference is over double. So there is no cheap way to safely ship a DVD, game or CD. If you want them sent with protection, you need to request a larger box and pay the extra shipping.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
I sell a lot of games, DVD's and CD"S and I find if I use Hermes it is just as cheap to box than Royal Mail padded envelope as the Post Office workers still try and push for a DVD in an envelope is over the 25mm allowed. Especially if you are buying box sets it is the same price and they are definitely over the 25mm. If I do use an envelope I will surround in card to protect.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
The problem is cost. In the UK a bubble envelope counts as a large letter, and a box with any kind of padding is a small parcel. The price difference is over double. So there is no cheap way to safely ship a DVD, game or CD. If you want them sent with protection, you need to request a larger box and pay the extra shipping.

But I paid nearly £13 for the mail is that not enough ? I have recieved movies before from the uk in a box where I only paid £11 for the mail.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
I sell a lot of games, DVD's and CD"S and I find if I use Hermes it is just as cheap to box than Royal Mail padded envelope as the Post Office workers still try and push for a DVD in an envelope is over the 25mm allowed. Especially if you are buying box sets it is the same price and they are definitely over the 25mm. If I do use an envelope I will surround in card to protect.

Ok thanks, it also sounds better with card protect. It just make me angry to get so many dvd with the mail and most of them is broken because
of transport damage.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
But I paid nearly £13 for the mail is that not enough ? I have recieved movies before from the uk in a box where I only paid £11 for the mail.

I would have thought that would be plenty. I send a lot of vinyl to Europe, and a small parcel is around £8 untracked or £12 with tracking. If you bought them from the UK, it should say how much the seller spent on postage on the label?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:

I would have thought that would be plenty. I send a lot of vinyl to Europe, and a small parcel is around £8 untracked or £12 with tracking. If you bought them from the UK, it should say how much the seller spent on postage on the label?

Hi edd, I learned the last seller had only paid £2.64 for the mail to denmark and I paid £13 for the mail, so she tried to keep the rest of the mail money :roll: But she told me she was sorry about the packing and the damaged dvd box and gave me a full refund. She did not even want the broken DVD box back. So now I can use the money to buy a new empty dvd box for 6 dvd.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom