Sith Lord
you seen these before guys. But this is them now graded
stromtrooper got this card 85% bubble 85% figure 80% overall 85% rarity 3 stars
CIMG2692.jpg

r2-d2 got this card 75% bubble 80% figure 75% overall 75% rarity 3 stars
CIMG2695.jpg

r5-d4 got this card 75% bubble 75% figure 75% overall 75% rarity 2 stars
CIMG2694.jpg

at-at commander got this card 85% bubble 90% figure 85% overall 85% rarity 2 stars
CIMG2697.jpg

Bollux

Grand Master
cool, they look really good mate.

saw the guys at memorabilia but didnt speak to them as i dont get anything graded (i dont have anything of any real value :cry: ) and they seemed busy talking to people every time i walked past

Ron

Sith Lord
Am happy with them bollux i got a good deal of steve. I thought the palitoy 12 backs would get more stars in the rarity. But it does not matter about that

01AB

Jedi Knight
Thats the first UKgraders stuff i've seen, are you happy with the ratings and the perspex casings?

Ron

Sith Lord
yeah am happy with the cases. There is exactly the same as the AFA cases. Am reasonable happy with the grades

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Those look really nice Ron 8)

How do they rate rarity? Does the Star level go to 5?

According to the AFA population report only 6 - 12 Back Palitoy Stormies have been graded and 3 R2's (both rated 3 star)compared to 30 - 47 Back AT-AT Commanders and 80 - 21 Back Kenner R5's (both rated 2 star) :shock:

Obviously there will be quite a few of each of these figures knocking about that aren't graded by the AFA or the UKG but how can UKG estimate how many?

I'm not being ackward, I'm genuinely interested in knowing as I was considering sending off some of my stuff for grading and was wondering how they would be able to estimate the rarity of something like my Canadian 41 Back (Clipper Wrap around offer) Yoda.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Nice figs (I saw them at Memoribilia). When I spoke to UK Graders about rarity they also said that it was a measure of desirability as well as the actual number out there.

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Looking good Ron 8)
I do like the look of the cases.

I'm still not sure about this rarity stars thing to be honest. If desireability comes into it a nice Palitoy Stormie is quite a high demand item when you think of all the focus collectors, as well as the Palitoy/European collectors. Its one of the most popular figures of all on a 12 Back :?

It doesn't take away from the look of the figs though :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm with Si, not entirely convinced by the rarity thing. I can't see it detracting from the value of a figure at all, I just feel it might be a bit "gimiky" and even more subjective than the grading process itself. But, I guess the more info on the labelshe better.

Saying that they look good Ron. How do the UKgraders grades correspond with what you would have thought/expected AFA to grade them at? (Sorry, didn't word that question very well).

Ron

Sith Lord
Guys am happy with them. Just not to sure on the rarity thing. I thought it would be higher. For the palitoy 12 backs. The grades they got it does not really bother me. But you always think its going to get better than it got. Even with AFA. I have no plans on selling them

sith-smith

Grand Master
Just because they are palitoy 12 backs, it doesn't mean they are automatically really rare. Rarity is so hard to quantify.

Rarity is so hard to measure on these things, more so when including desirability, to the extent that i don't think this star thing is really a good thing.

Take the Palitoy 12 backs for example. on several occasions we've tried to put together a list in terms of rarity. We've never 100% agreed. And that's just the realtive rarity of 12 figures. Try doing it with 100's of different cardbacks variations from around the world.

Also what exactly does rare mean? How often does a piece have to appear for it to be common, or rare, or mega rare?

What if a piece was the only one known? Well, that would get 5 stars presumably. now, considering there are only 5 stars, i'd assume that pieces where there are perhaps a few more examples, would also get 5 stars. So where is there a cut off point 1-10 = 5 stars? 11-25= 4? How exactly do they measure it? Also, as has happened, a piece has been found to be the only known piece, but then another has been found, then another and another.

And then to add desirability to the equation just seems to me to make the whole star business pointless. A nice idea i guess but I can't really see it what it means in real terms.

BTW, Ron I saw your figures at Mem. They looked fantastic cased up. Got quite a few jealous looks from people. Nice.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I see there are a load of UKG graded palitoys up for sale on ebay now. Looking at the spread of grades, the one thing that stands out is how many UKG 90 overal graded pieces there are. AFA 90's are pretty rare and difficult to get.

Jason

gustie

Sith Lord
so what do you guys consider worthy of a 5?

carded...

loose...

i was a bit shocked at a macao biker scout getting 2 or 3 for example

Ron

Sith Lord
I was thinking that as well. But all this grading is only on some 1 whats some 1 think of it they may think different to you. Am not that bothered

burnsy

Sith Lord
Your figures look great. I haven't had anything graded yet. Was thinking of sending a load over to US but was nervous about sending it all and looking at prices on the AFA website, looked like it would be quite costly (but hopefully worth it!) I didn't know about this UKGrading. Did it cost much and what sort of timescales??

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
burnsy said:
Your figures look great. I haven't had anything graded yet. Was thinking of sending a load over to US but was nervous about sending it all and looking at prices on the AFA website, looked like it would be quite costly (but hopefully worth it!) I didn't know about this UKGrading. Did it cost much and what sort of timescales??

there is a thread on here talking to them ,they give discounts to members on here ...well did

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom