Latest Acquisitions

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
4,159
Location
Wiltshire
Not strictly vintage, but inspired by my Endo Scout purchase I thought I'd have a go at an OT Tie Pilot helmet myself. I'll post follow up pics in the off topic/art thread I guess when it's done. Love a challenge!

B4832A0C-451E-4FC2-AF6E-A28B1E27049D_zpsrw7izvij.jpg
 

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
885
SAVORY100 said:
Not strictly vintage, but inspired by my Endo Scout purchase I thought I'd have a go at an OT Tie Pilot helmet myself. I'll post follow up pics in the off topic/art thread I guess when it's done. Love a challenge!

B4832A0C-451E-4FC2-AF6E-A28B1E27049D_zpsrw7izvij.jpg

I'll look forward to the end result :)
 

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
489
SAVORY100 said:
Not strictly vintage, but inspired by my Endo Scout purchase I thought I'd have a go at an OT Tie Pilot helmet myself. I'll post follow up pics in the off topic/art thread I guess when it's done. Love a challenge!

B4832A0C-451E-4FC2-AF6E-A28B1E27049D_zpsrw7izvij.jpg

That is going to look awesome!
 

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
489
Managed to add this to my VHS collection. This is the first ever Star Wars VHS recording available in the UK I believe. It was released by Magnetic Video who were eventually bought out by 20th Century Fox video. Really love the cardboard cover!

IMG_4961.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG
 

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Joined
Jun 13, 2014
Messages
904
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

ot3ndv.jpg
 

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Joined
Jan 1, 2014
Messages
1,022
This is the German story of the film book. It appealed to my ESB oddball focus. The cover is a rather badly trimmed version of the German movie poster. And it made me laugh because it appears the tauntaun is a major part of the film. A very puppety looking Yoda sits on the shoulders of Luke in xwing cozzie. Love the logo of course but it's one for those of us who believe the tauntauns were passed over in the oscars that year.

RenderedContent-74DB3763-7F81-4D79-95BE-831F7279D16A.JPG
 

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
489
naughtyjedi said:
This is the German story of the film book. It appealed to my ESB oddball focus. The cover is a rather badly trimmed version of the German movie poster. And it made me laugh because it appears the tauntaun is a major part of the film. A very puppety looking Yoda sits on the shoulders of Luke in xwing cozzie. Love the logo of course but it's one for those of us who believe the tauntauns were passed over in the oscars that year.

RenderedContent-74DB3763-7F81-4D79-95BE-831F7279D16A.JPG

Cool book. If i collected foreign language books then this would be top of my list.
 

Daz

Padawan
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
127
Thanks for your kind comments guys.


SublevelStudios said:
Agree with Paul there mate, that Spanish almbum looks the nuts.

The Helix case is IMO the rarer of the 2. I see 3 lighter versions for every one of the darker ones you have there mate. Not really worth more but a cool item to get. The collecting Helix road is long...and expensive.

Mark thanks for the info that's really interesting. I did wonder about the colour when I got it.

Cheers Daz
 

walkie

Sith Lord
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
2,938
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

ot3ndv.jpg

Nice poster, I'm still after one of these babies myself. Was this the one on ebay, if so glad it went to another forum memebr?
 

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Joined
Jun 13, 2014
Messages
904
walkie said:
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

ot3ndv.jpg

Nice poster, I'm still after one of these babies myself. Was this the one on ebay, if so glad it went to another forum memebr?

Thankyou sir.

Yeah, eBay. I saw two during the summer. One was in near mint condition and well described, the other has its flaws and was poorly listed. I got the latter and it still wasn't very cheap.

I've got a bit of a John Menzies fetish going on. I had one of these posters as a child. I've got a vague memory that you had to buy two figures to get one, but I sometimes suffer from Star Wars False Memory Syndrome.
 

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
557
Location
York
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

ot3ndv.jpg

Awesome poster, but really loving the Halloween 3 mask, such an underrated film
 

Palifan

Sith Lord
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
4,621
chipsteak said:
I bought this John Menzies poster a couple of months back but I just got round to getting a custom frame for it this week.

ot3ndv.jpg


It's a great poster and I've got one tucked away somewhere, it's not in the best of condition and my father still had it up on the wall for my nephew to look at until recently but it soon came down once I saw it and remembered it from my childhood :lol: (cruel Uncle!).

I also notice that you have a similar love of some of the old horror classics as I also do, I'll post a picture up of some of my bits and bobs I've just set up for Halloween in the other collections thread.

Ian
 

edd_jedi

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,002
Location
Brighton
I just picked up this peach of a Palitoy 45 back Han Hoth. As you can see he has a Stormtrooper blaster, apparently it's a pretty common weapon error but I thought it was a cool combination. I really love the Palitoy cards with trilogo bubbles so may try and pick up a few more of these.

han.jpg
 

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joined
May 13, 2015
Messages
2,984
edd_jedi said:
I just picked up this peach of a Palitoy 45 back Han Hoth. As you can see he has a Stormtrooper blaster, apparently it's a pretty common weapon error but I thought it was a cool combination. I really love the Palitoy cards with trilogo bubbles so may try and pick up a few more of these.

As common as it may be, it's a cracking MOC. I was outbid on one just this weekend. Super pale face Han with Stormtrooper blaster. Not as tidy as yours as there was so much paint inside the bubble you could hardly see the figure, but I would have still liked it. It adds character!
 

edd_jedi

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,002
Location
Brighton
ScruffyLookingNH said:
As common as it may be, it's a cracking MOC. I was outbid on one just this weekend. Super pale face Han with Stormtrooper blaster. Not as tidy as yours as there was so much paint inside the bubble you could hardly see the figure, but I would have still liked it. It adds character!

Just found the one you mentioned, went for a good price! Mine does have a bit of paint on the sides of the bubble but not as bad as that one.
 

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joined
May 13, 2015
Messages
2,984
edd_jedi said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
As common as it may be, it's a cracking MOC. I was outbid on one just this weekend. Super pale face Han with Stormtrooper blaster. Not as tidy as yours as there was so much paint inside the bubble you could hardly see the figure, but I would have still liked it. It adds character!

Just found the one you mentioned, went for a good price! Mine does have a bit of paint on the sides of the bubble but not as bad as that one.

Good for the buyer or seller? :lol: I went up to about £100 incl postage and thought that was the limit for me.
 

edd_jedi

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,002
Location
Brighton
Well it seems pretty reasonable to me that you can still buy a Palitoy main character MOC for around £100 when people are paying £40 for what used to be £10 loose figures these days :lol:
 

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joined
May 13, 2015
Messages
2,984
edd_jedi said:
Well it seems pretty reasonable to me that you can still buy a Palitoy main character MOC for around £100 when people are paying £40 for what used to be £10 loose figures these days :lol:

So true :cry: Although when I can still find Palitoy ESB card for £150 I have to draw the line somewhere!
 
Top Bottom