latest film/ dvd you have seen

Been going back through the latest Planet Of The Apes franchise this week - Watched Rise and Dawn so far, War is tonight and then hopefully catch Kingdom at the cinema over the weekend (y)
I need to watch these. Saw the first two, years ago, but have completely forgotten what happened.

Watched the new version of Roadhouse last week. Promising start... really awful by the end. Conor McGregor's 'performance' has to be seen to be believed :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Today I have seen streets of fire, awesome movie from 1984 with great music and many great actors and actress (y) Rick Moranis, Diane Lane, Michael Pare, Willem Dafoe, Rick Rossovich and Bill Paxton. Willem Dafoe play his part fantastic as a ****ing crazy gang leader :cool:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Watched the new version of Roadhouse last week. Promising start... really awful by the end. Conor McGregor's 'performance' has to be seen to be believed :ROFLMAO: :eek:
Watched it also and agree the end was awful and was cringing at Mcgregor's performance 🤣🤣🙈

Just finished Axel F on Netflix, I was optimistic, but mainly hoping it wouldn't be as bad as BHC3 and it absolutely delivered. Yeah, it's fairly predictable, yeah, it's never winning Oscars, but similar to Top Gun Maverick it's just the right mix of 80s nostalgia with a slightly more modern feel. Yes, Murphy looks a little slow in some of the action shots, but you know what, he's got 20 years on me and I look a bit slow in the action shots these days. It well paced and quite a bit of fun. Kevin Bacon was decent, lots of nice touches references my the originals. Well worth your time imo.

Last edited:
Just back from Deadpool and Wolverine, fun packed, fantastic laugh. Very well done fanboy film imo, although I'm not a comic over geek, so they may have butchered something, but if you've enjoyed marvel cartoons and live action from the last 30 years you'll have a blast.

Just back from Deadpool and Wolverine, fun packed, fantastic laugh. Very well done fanboy film imo, although I'm not a comic over geek, so they may have butchered something, but if you've enjoyed marvel cartoons and live action from the last 30 years you'll have a blast.
I caught it last night and I had a proper laugh through the film. Really enjoyed it, but I am also not a comic over geek, so I won't have been put out by anything that may have been butchered either. Worth a watch, definitely 😁

Watched Twisters yesterday. Was fun enough, good SFX etc, decent cast. Not much story and very predictable. Ok overall.

Watched Twisters yesterday. Was fun enough, good SFX etc, decent cast. Not much story and very predictable. Ok overall.
Saw Alien - Romulus today.
I didn't have great expectations (that's another great film!🙄) but quite enjoyed it, especially the first 2/3rds.
Lots of nods back to the original first two movies, but essentially the same old format…abandoned space ship/station visited by a group of people and everyone dies with a few exceptions.
I would recommend this if you're an Alien fan of the early films and I will certainly re-watch when it comes out on a streaming service.
4**** out of 5.

PS: my first cinema visit since Covid!

Saw Alien - Romulus today.
I didn't have great expectations (that's another great film!🙄) but quite enjoyed it, especially the first 2/3rds.
Lots of nods back to the original first two movies, but essentially the same old format…abandoned space ship/station visited by a group of people and everyone dies with a few exceptions.
I would recommend this if you're an Alien fan of the early films and I will certainly re-watch when it comes out on a streaming service.
4**** out of 5.

PS: my first cinema visit since Covid!
Also saw this recently, killed two hours and was well produced. My aliens loving mate said there were multiple nods to some of the games, as well as the more obvious ones to the original two movies.
7/10 for me I'd say, as Nick says it's the same formula, but when the formula works why not.

Watched it today. Liked lots of it- it looked great! The interiors and exteriors were fantastic, practical effects were superb etc. Liked the two lead actors. The last few minutes were pretty disturbing lol! I didn't like the cgi cameo- just not good enough and kept throwing me out of the film. Some big plot holes and thought there were too many on the nose nods to what has come before. They overdid it a touch.

Enjoyed overall- 6 out of 10. Ranks below Alien, Aliens, Promethius and Alien 3, for me.

Watched it today. Liked lots of it- it looked great! The interiors and exteriors were fantastic, practical effects were superb etc. Liked the two lead actors. The last few minutes were pretty disturbing lol! I didn't like the cgi cameo- just not good enough and kept throwing me out of the film. Some big plot holes and thought there were too many on the nose nods to what has come before. They overdid it a touch.

Enjoyed overall- 6 out of 10. Ranks below Alien, Aliens, Promethius and Alien 3, for me.
I haven't seen the new one, but I thought Prometheus suffered from far far too many characters and whilst visually superb, the plot was pretty poor. Alien 3 was just a massive disappointment but then it was following up Alien and Aliens, two very different but superb films.

I assume the new one is fine for me to take kids to? They are 5 and 3 so old enough I reckon.

I haven't seen the new one, but I thought Prometheus suffered from far far too many characters and whilst visually superb, the plot was pretty poor. Alien 3 was just a massive disappointment but then it was following up Alien and Aliens, two very different but superb films.

I assume the new one is fine for me to take kids to? They are 5 and 3 so old enough I reckon.
Lol! My 18 year old said he felt physically sick at the end!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom