Lee's vintage loose variants showcase

Lee

Padawan
Time to start showing some of the loose variant collection. First up are some of my Yoda's 8)

Top row All Hong Kong coo/colour variations
Bottom row Lily Ledy,Meccano,HK brown/green snakes
Picture%201239.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
This should be good 8) I like looking at variations but I sure as hell glad I don't collect them! :mrgreen:

Keep going Lee!!

Lee

Padawan
Thanks for the nice comments guys. More variants coming soon...will try and get better pics as well...

Coco or any of you other friendly guys might be able to help me out on the colour of the bottom middle cape - it's very white/pinkish even, compared to the other 'normal' Yoda cape colours. Normal variant or bleaching/sun fading?

Grant

Sith Lord
Lee said:
Time to start showing some of the loose variant collection. First up are some of my Yoda's 8)

Top row All Hong Kong coo/colour variations
Bottom row Lily Ledy,Meccano,HK brown/green snakes
Picture%201239.jpg

Hello,

very cool mate. i love the green snake example. Which card is he from. Do they only come from some Canadian cardbacks and the ESB 6 packs.

Grant.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Some nice Yoda's there, even if I do struggle to tell the difference between them (apart from the orange and greeny/brown snakes)

Lee

Padawan
Grant said:
Hello,
very cool mate. i love the green snake example. Which card is he from. Do they only come from some Canadian cardbacks and the ESB 6 packs.
Grant.

Not sure where the green snake comes from. I always assumed european baggies(?). I'd like to see a carded one.

weasel said:
Some nice Yoda's there, even if I do struggle to tell the difference between them (apart from the orange and greeny/brown snakes)

Not a variant collector mate? :wink:

Grant

Sith Lord
Lee said:
Grant said:
Hello,
Grant.

Not sure where the green snake comes from. I always assumed european baggies(?). I'd like to see a carded one.

weasel said:

Not a variant collector mate? :wink:

Hello,

I think Coco has a carded green snake example. I think its a Canadian example.

Thank you.

Grant.

Bollux

Grand Master
I thought green snakes were just plastic degradation, like the green limbed Chewies....(Prepares to feel the wrath of every variant collector :lol: )

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Grant said:
I think Coco has a carded green snake example. I think its a Canadian example.

Green Snake Yoda can be found in ESB baggies and on some European card backs. I've even seen one on a Kenner 48B, although I can't confirm it was real as I've only seen pics.

As for my carded Canadian example, here we go.

Irwin Toys : The Canadian Star Wars Connection says - "Yoda collectors will notice that Yoda was never available on Canadian cards with a Brown snake only an Orange one".

My piece clearly contradicts that and has the added bonus of being green :mrgreen:

Check out this thread from RS from the time I got the figure.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=2661333&Forum=c5&Words=bilingual&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2661333&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8106&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2661333

There are many Canadian cards with Clipper offers. Some have told me carded overstock was shipped from Canada and the Clipper offer was applied to the card before it hit the shops. Others have told me that overstock card backs were shipped to Europe then figures, bubbles and offer stickers were applied before they hit the shops.

The most likely scenario for my Yoda was probably the latter and its quite possibly that he started off in an overstock 6 packs baggie or something similar before ending up in his current state.

Regardless of how it ended up the way it is. I know its my favourite piece and many collectors (especially Canadians) would dearly love to have it in there collections :D

Lee

Padawan
5 non-blondes...

Left to right
No coo brown / HK brown / HK mustard brown / HK orange / HK dark brown
Picture%201267.jpg

Blondes to the back of the queue please...
Picture%201241.jpg

Lee

Padawan
aussiejames said:
That's a full cricket team :shock:

:D

You're right, i guess if it was your guys they'd all be laying on the floor at the moment :twisted:

You'll kick our asses now i've said that :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom