Loft Find updated February 15, 2023

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok got another surprise today, I had not checked the backside of the cardbacks before now and I learned the chewbacca tri-logo that I picked up in the last lot have a danish price sticker on the backside. Now I can add it to my danish star wars price sticker collection :cool:

P1210311.JPG

P1210314.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I got in a contact with a very nice guy here in denmark. He had found his childhood collection in his basement and wanted to sell most of it. He told me he wanted to keep a few items as a memory from his childhood. I think we talked about an hour about star wars and our childhoods before I left again.

He was a little bit expensive so I only bought his items with danish price stickers and the items I wanted most.

I have never seen this danish price stickers before and there are no shop names on them. He had bought them himself in the 80s and he remembered the address where he bought it. After I got in contact with a fellow danish x star wars collector who knows a lot about danish shops. Then I learned the shop closed in 1993 and another toy store named BR have the store today.
But in the 80s the toy store was named J.S. Legetøj or on english J.S. Toys. I have never heard about that store before and I do not know if there was only this store or they had more stores in other towns. But it was placed in a small danish town named Kalundborg, I think about 10.000 people lived in the town in the 80s so it is not a very big town. I guess it is from a time where there was a toy store in nearly every town. I did not buy the leia figure from him because he could not find belt, helmet or blaster for it.

Here are the part of the lot that I bought from him

20231229_204119.jpg

20231229_204238.jpg

20231229_204325.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lars, they look great. Nice to find out more about the shop. Sad that most toy shops are now gone- the UK is exactly the same, unfortunately.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I got in a contact with a very nice guy here in denmark. He had found his childhood collection in his basement and wanted to sell most of it. He told me he wanted to keep a few items as a memory from his childhood. I think we talked about an hour about star wars and our childhoods before I left again.

He was a little bit expensive so I only bought his items with danish price stickers and the items I wanted most.

I have never seen this danish price stickers before and there are no shop names on them. He had bought them himself in the 80s and he remembered the address where he bought it. After I got in contact with a fellow danish x star wars collector who knows a lot about danish shops. Then I learned the shop closed in 1993 and another toy store named BR have the store today.
But in the 80s the toy store was named J.S. Legetøj or on english J.S. Toys. I have never heard about that store before and I do not know if there was only this store or they had more stores in other towns. But it was placed in a small danish town named Kalundborg, I think about 10.000 people lived in the town in the 80s so it is not a very big town. I guess it is from a time where there was a toy store in nearly every town. I did not buy the leia figure from him because he could not find belt, helmet or blaster for it.

Here are the part of the lot that I bought from him

View attachment 186843

View attachment 186844

View attachment 186845
Wow, those bubbles were removed very neatly, maybe that was standard practice in Scandinavia?!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I got a part of another loft find yesterday. I only bought the cardbacks with danish price stickers on them from seller. Because the figures was beaters and all weapons was lost.

I will share the cardbacks soon with you guys :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom