Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight Outfit

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The Molded Face was only released as a limited run by the Taiwan Factory, is therefore rarer, more sought after and worth more. Blue sabers are often mistakenly paired with the Molded Face variant and sell for large amounts, though as has been mentioned the only correct saber to be paired with a Molded Head is the Taiwan green v4 with circular epm on TIG.

Snap capes and blue sabers are somewhat sought after if compared to plain cloaks and green sabers.

There are however, some combinations that include green sabers, that if found on card, are extremely hard to track down. Craig would know a shed more about these though. He's the Luke Jedi man.

UKS

Jedi Knight
The only variant I want (beyond Blue Snag which I have) is the Luke Jedi molded face. And this is only because the painted face annoyed me as a child. (same with Rebel commando but I had the molded face there first!)

Craig T

Youngling
Hello again

Thanks for the tips on how to upload photos.

If we recall from earlier, I mentioned three (3) vendors that made a Luke Jedi. So attached below are the debut 65-A ("first editions" if you like) from each factory:

Vendor Smile:
Vendor Code "HN"; COO = "Hong Kong"
Painted (Pink) Face
Blue Lightsabre

SMILE.JPG

Vendor Unitoys:
Vendor Code "HT"; COO = "Made in Hong Kong"
Painted Face
Green Lightsabre

(Note this is the hardest Kenner Luke to find, production was limited and the moulds were sent from Hong Kong to Lili Ledy to make Luke Jedi for the Mexican Market)

UNITOY.JPG

Vendor U.M.:
Vendor Code "TJ"; COO = "Made in Taiwan"
Moulded Face (head is cast in pink plastic and hair painted on)
Darker Green Lightsabre

(Note most Taiwan figure have painted faces, only a relatively small number were initially released with moulded head; also note Taiwan Lukes always came with green sabres, never blue)

U.M.JPG

Craig T

Youngling
... Full Matrix of Luke Jedi Snap Capes (longer answer):

The very first Kenner Luke Jedi MOCs were not only offerless, but they also came with a cooler cape packaged inside that had a metal snap button fastener at the collar. Three separate vendors in the Far East were contracted to make Luke Jedi MOCs for Kenner; thus are there are three different types of snap cape to collect (if collecting capes rocks your boat).

Take in account other nuances, such as how it was packed inside and whether the Luke had a moulded face or painted face and that number raises to 7 MOCs.

The very "first edition" MOCs from each vendor packaged the snap cape in the same way - folded-up neatly in a cellophane baggie and tucked behind Luke.

The "second edition" MOCs also contained a snap cape inside, but it is packaged unfolded and loose behind Luke. These ones are harder to spot as the snap is not always visible.

One of the vendors, "U.M." of Taiwan, originally produced Luke with a head Moulded in Flesh coloured plastic (aka moulded face), this was later changed to a head moulded in hair coloured plastic with the face skin painted. So this gives rise to three possible MOCs from Taiwan that have a snap cape inside.

Snap Front.JPG

Snap Back.JPG

In the Group Photo you have:

1st Row: Vendor = "U.M." of Taiwan:

* Moulded Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Green Sabre

* Moulded Face/Snap Cape Loose/Green Sabre

* Painted Face/Snap Cape Loose/Green Sabre

2nd Row: Vendor = "Smile" of Hong Kong

* Painted Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Blue Sabre

* Painted Face/Snap Cape Loose/Blue Sabre

* As Above - but with Tsukuda Import Sticker

3rd Row: Vendor = "Unitoys" of Hong Kong

* Painted Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Green Sabre

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Craig T said:
... Full Matrix of Luke Jedi Snap Capes (longer answer):

The very first Kenner Luke Jedi MOCs were not only offerless, but they also came with a cooler cape packaged inside that had a metal snap button fastener at the collar. Three separate vendors in the Far East were contracted to make Luke Jedi MOCs for Kenner; thus are there are three different types of snap cape to collect (if collecting capes rocks your boat).

Take in account other nuances, such as how it was packed inside and whether the Luke had a moulded face or painted face and that number raises to 7 MOCs.

The very "first edition" MOCs from each vendor packaged the snap cape in the same way - folded-up neatly in a cellophane baggie and tucked behind Luke.

The "second edition" MOCs also contained a snap cape inside, but it is packaged unfolded and loose behind Luke. These ones are harder to spot as the snap is not always visible.

One of the vendors, "U.M." of Taiwan, originally produced Luke with a head Moulded in Flesh coloured plastic (aka moulded face), this was later changed to a head moulded in hair coloured plastic with the face skin painted. So this gives rise to three possible MOCs from Taiwan that have a snap cape inside.

Snap Front.JPG

Snap Back.JPG

In the Group Photo you have:

1st Row: Vendor = "U.M." of Taiwan:

* Moulded Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Green Sabre

* Moulded Face/Snap Cape Loose/Green Sabre

2nd Row: Vendor = "Smile" of Hong Kong

* Painted Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Blue Sabre

* Painted Face/Snap Cape Loose/Blue Sabre

* As Above - but with Tsukuda Import Sticker

3rd Row: Vendor = "Unitoys" of Hong Kong

* Painted Face/Snap Cape in Baggie/Green Sabre

Very impressive knowledge and collection. Thanks for sharing both :)

Craig T

Youngling
The hardest to find?

Over the last 11 years of focusing on Luke Jedi, I have only seen a small number of examples of each of the three first debut 65-A cards (with snap cape in baggie).

Listing the three in order of easiest to find...

U.M. of Taiwan (TJ) Moulded Face ~ I have seen around 8
Unitoys of Hong Kong (HT) ~ I have seen around 4
Smile of Hong Kong (HN) ~ I have seen only two

For me personally...the hardest Snap Cape version to find was the 2nd edition made by Smile, it took me an age to find as they are not easy to spot (there no baggie and the snap is hidden most of the time).

I used a small hand held detector used for detecting pipes and cables in stud walls to help me. Think it cost me about £20 in B&Q.

Capture.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I used a small hand held detector used for detecting pipes and cables in stud walls to help me. Think it cost me about £20 in B&Q.
Great idea!
Superb collection by the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom