LXW proof run.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Cleaned up my web shots LXW proof card folder and added some new **** too:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/554241956UegvXD?vhost=home-and-garden

marc

Joe

Grand Master
I have always wanted to know how you came about finding all of those different Logo Mock ups??

Were they scattered around or with one person orginally?

Great set, are you missing any? ( I think thats the most proof/cromalin pieces I have ever seen in one persons collection marc! )

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Nice collection you have there m8y :)

Do you trade scans at all?

I have some 300DPI Proof scans of ...

POTF: Luke Jedi / Leia Combat Poncho

ESB: Bossk / jawa / R5-D4 / Stormtrooper / Yoda

Revenge of The Jedi: Deathstar Droid

I will be getting some more after payday ;)

Joe

Grand Master
People actually sell scans of their proofs? :roll:

Dodge city!

Joe

Grand Master
Hmm, don't think MOST collectors would do that but of course there are people that want to boost their funds , whether people find it appropriate or not is besides the point I guess.

Marc's are all real though :)

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Sorry for hijacking your thread a little btw ...

I was surprised to come across a guy selling them myself, i know he puts the funds towards buying more, thats his choice, im not going to say no either, i was beginning to think it was the norm unti now, i guess ive been lucky then :)

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
whiteskinnydroid said:
I have always wanted to know how you came about
finding all of those different Logo Mock ups??
Were they scattered around or with one person orginally?
Great set, are you missing any?

I knew the previous owner of the 4 mock ups (all built on ESB 31 bk proofs),
when he jumped ship i landed them. All 4 originated with Tom N.
The Revenge nameplate overlay moved hands a few times prior to my turn,
again though, it originated with Tom N.

From what i know to exist in other collections, Im missing the ROTJ cromalin
and the ESB 21 bk "secret figure" proof card.
Other proofs may well exist but just not to my knowledge.

marc

Joe

Grand Master
Cobra_UK said:
Sorry for hijacking your thread a little btw ...

I was surprised to come across a guy selling them myself, i know he puts the funds towards buying more, thats his choice, im not going to say no either, i was beginning to think it was the norm unti now, i guess ive been lucky then :)

And I meant no harm either :)

I guess if you own it its still your stuff, so whatever floats your boat, I guess with stuff that's rare and important you have to have a bit of mind with what you do with it, especially if there is a chance someone could use your actions to hurt others in the community - recards etc.

Personal enjoyment of recards that are marked as such is fine with me! :)

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Cobra_UK said:
Nice collection you have there m8y :)

Do you trade scans at all?
I have some 300DPI Proof scans of ...
POTF: Luke Jedi / Leia Combat Poncho
ESB: Bossk / jawa / R5-D4 / Stormtrooper / Yoda
Revenge of The Jedi: Deathstar Droid

I will be getting some more after payday ;)

Why not just be content with cardbacks?

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Theyre probably out of my price range so i opt for the cheaper alternative - and they sure do look nice with a figure/bubble, i know recarding is frowned upon and rightly so used in the wrong hands, i have no intention of ripping people off like those guys on e-bay are, if i wanted to do that i would have recards on there now, i dont think ive ever sold anything on ebay - look me up (Cobra_W).

Out of interest what would one pay for an original proof card?

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I know the whole debate regarding recards has been done to death.

Ultimately though people who recard figures aren't collectors of vintage starwars full stop they are simply reproduction creators and to think of yourselves as collectors is wrong. Most people on this site are collectors who invest a lot of time money and energy building their collections including many rare items like Marc's Proof run. Many of us have different budgets but even on a low budget it is possible with a bit of patient to gain a very tidy 100% original MOC collection and many of us have done just that. I personally couldn't gain any enjoyment from a recard because basically your are looking at a cheap fake nothing more.

I know cobraUK you mentioned in another thread you intend to make your items as repro but 99% of recarders don’t and even though they may sell them as repro once it’s in the buyers hands the scams can be set up this is what annoys collectors. You only have to look at the watch out section of Rebelscum to see the extent of the problem and the damage it causes. Especially with items like proofs and cromlins which are seriously rare and expensive (sometimes only 1 or 2 examples exist).

why would a collector want to leak that info in to the reproduction market?

What I never understand is even on a budget as low like £30 - £40 a month it is possible to build a very nice 100% genuine MOC collection. You buy smart i.e. ROTJ line and you wait patiently for bargains appear (which they invariably do).

I totally get customisers and fan art 100% and admire those with the creative skills to design vintage style figures that never were so to speak. What I can’t grasp is why people want to copy exactly what Kenner produced? The genuine articles are there for the savvy collector surely it is way more satisfying to collect rather than been a reproduction creator?

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
What i will say is many people when they get into the hobby start by recarding or resealing then subsequently realise that they aren't collecting and the move on/up to collecting genuine vintage starwars items.

The last post wasn't to have a go in anyway its more that personally i just can't understand why people could be satisfied with fakes when the real deal is within reach even on a low budget.

Regarding the Proofs that is an amazing run Marc you must have invested a lot of time and energy into hunting them down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom