May the Toys be with you, vintage toy exhibit

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Loved the Canterbury exhibit, is this the exact same exhibit on tour, or all new and updated?
To be fair, probably worth a second visit anyway!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Thanks boys, I'm really pleased to hear you've enjoyed it. I'm hoping that it will 'trigger' (in a good way!) a few more people to search out that old box of toys from their loft and rediscover their appreciation for them and get involved in our hobby. It's fun eaves dropping in the exhibition because the consistent comment you hear is middle-aged blokes earnestly telling their wives and children "I used to have that... used to have that one too..." :D You can almost sense them getting sucked back in!

Stephen, I can't tell you whether or not it is worth a journey to Southport for but it is bigger and better than the exhibition at Canterbury as The Atkinson has allowed for more space. You go from looking at old masters and ancient greek statues in one gallery, to the Rancor monster in the next... :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Thanks boys, I'm really pleased to hear you've enjoyed it. I'm hoping that it will 'trigger' (in a good way!) a few more people to search out that old box of toys from their loft and rediscover their appreciation for them and get involved in our hobby. It's fun eaves dropping in the exhibition because the consistent comment you hear is middle-aged blokes earnestly telling their wives and children "I used to have that... used to have that one too..." :D You can almost sense them getting sucked back in!

Stephen, I can't tell you whether or not it is worth a journey to Southport for but it is bigger and better than the exhibition at Canterbury as The Atkinson has allowed for more space. You go from looking at old masters and ancient greek statues in one gallery, to the Rancor monster in the next... :D

Well, I went to the Canterbury exhibit and not only enjoyed it, but it did in fact give me a bit of a kick up the ass to pick up some of the figure variants I didn't have, so thank you for helping my collection! :)

Having said that, I must also congratulate your generosity and bravery at allowing your collection out of your sight for so long! How on earth did you / they ensure nothing got lost or broken? I'd be terrified some careless employee would cost me a packet! :shock:

yodasaz15

Youngling
I made a hours drive from stockport to see it - and I can say to me it was worth it, great collection and beautifully displayed - well done :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom