My AT-AT Commander Palitoy 45 back - opinions on the seal?

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
P1030348.JPG
P1030349.JPG
P1030350.JPG
P1030352.JPG
P1030353.JPG
P1030354.JPG
P1030355.JPG
P1030356.JPG
P1030357.JPG
P1030351.JPG
Hi folks, its been a while since I last posted, thought I'd rectify that and see what everyones opinions are on this.(y)

I picked up this AT-AT Commander on the bay a few years back. The description said it had never been opened but that the bubble looked like it had been damaged in the factory machine when being pressed.
Sounded a bit dubious but I took a punt as it was a decent price.
Ever since I got it, I've never been able to decide whether this is indeed the case or its just a reseal.
The left hand side of the bubble looks ok, the right hand one is the bit in question.

Interesting to hear folks thoughts. It looks great in an acrylic case either way😋

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's very hard to be sure of course, however my thoughts are that whilst the damage down the right-hand side of the blister and the lifting of it on the top edge do rightly raise questions regarding its authenticity, if it IS a reseal, it's actually a very good one, as there are no other obvious indicators that I can see on any of the 4 sides under the seals. The lifting at the top could simply be due to a poor original seal, and I've seen damage similar to that down the right-hand side of the blister before on cards which were not reseals. Overall therefore, I *think* it's probably genuine, but I am happy to be corrected by others if I've missed something. The one thing it shouldn't be is a Toy Toni, as according to Mr Palitoy's excellent website, AT-AT Commander cards weren't among the cardbacks Toy Toni used.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I used to have a 45 Zuckuss with the same bubble which was also lifting on the same side. That definitely wasn't a reseal so perhaps that press in the factory just wasn't working quite right?

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thank you both.

Yeah the bubble is firmly fixed all the way round including at the top where that little bit of adhesive is starting to come away underneath.

Before I saw it in person I was sure I'd be able to say straight off whether it was a reseal. Everything lines up really nice though including the black edging on the right of the bubble - looks like something has taken a strip off this area.

Sounds promising that there are other examples of Palitoy 45 backs with this same issue, so maybe a factory press problem after all. (y)

Last edited:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm no expert, certainly not on Palitoy MOCS. Going on what others have said I agree. That said if the bubble is lifting do you want it? lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom