My first bad ebay purchase.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Had my first ebay issue - im no longer a virgin!

Was quite chuffed winning a RotJ boxed forest ranger, they're always tri logo's. Not only that is was sealed. Woohoo! Or so I thought.

So the parcel came yesterday, I opened it up. Looked nice - but noticed it felt rather light, considring this vehicle is quite bulky for a little fella. On closer inspection it wasn't sealed - there was a hairline break through the top tape. Disappointing. Opened it up and here's the inside...

Bit disappointing, to say the least!

Hoping to work it out amicably - he seems to genuinely believe I am trying to somehow rip him off - though opening it, taking half the stickers off the sheet - wouldnt make up for the P+P and custom charges! Makes no sense.

Let's see how it goes...

Nick

benny100

Sith Lord
Ha, what a cheap trick, had a few bad experiences but never the empty box. That box is cool too, rarer than the longer, more commonly seen one.

rob71

Sith Lord
That sucks Nick :( having said that surely he hasn't got a leg to stand on, as long as you raised the issue straight away. Did you contact the courier company as well?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Have raised it to ebay - trying to be amicable, looking for a partial refund as I do like the box and finding a replacement vehicle is easy enough for low cost. It's putting me off buying MISB items on ebay - I wanna see whats inside now!

Maybe he genuinely thought it was sealed, I dunno - hard to think someone couldnt notice the weight difference. And the "from my childhood collection" spiel in his messages certainly doesnt fill me with confidence.

Given the stickers on the packaging - its gone through at least 3 difference couriers (last one being the evil Yodel)

Nick

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
That sucks big time. Hope you get it sorted nick. Dickheads like that must think some people were born yesterday. Hope he gets royally screwed over himself with an ebay purchase one day.

walkie

Sith Lord
Does the packaging have a weight recorded on it? If so does it differ to the weight of the item received.

mumbo

Sith Lord
walkie said:
Does the packaging have a weight recorded on it? If so does it differ to the weight of the item received.

My thoughts exactly :)

What a stinker though :(

Hope this gets resolved.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
I checked for weight and it just has a generic 1lb 454G on it - which I guess is up to that in weight. Total package weight, as i've just weight it, is around 400g. I'd imagine the ranger would add another 200 or so grams on.

He's accusing me of fraud, and offering 20% discount or return the item (including the vehicle I dont have) for a refund. Which I guess if I send back he will claim I didnt send the vehicle back (that's right, the one I don't have lol).

I'll just let ebay deal with it I suppose.

Nick

x-pack

Grand Master
Fraud - right ok :roll:

So did you commit 'Fraud by false representation'? ...let's see..

(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—
(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and
(b) intends, by making the representation—
(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
(2) A representation is false if—
(a) it is untrue or misleading, and
(b) the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

By the sounds of it I think not. If anyone is committing the offence of fraud he is. Of course your parcel could have been intercepted in the post and tampered with ...

The point is that no-one could prove fraud in this case. It is your word against his.

He is trying to scare you mate. Fraud :lol: Open a dispute with Ebay, ignore this clown and they (Ebay) will most likely refund your costs. I find it particularly laughable as you say you have been decent with him and only asked for a partial refund. This goes a long way to show you have in no way attempted to be dishonest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom