My Sci-Fi TV & Film Loose Figures - Family Guy, Buffy & Futurama

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
As already mentioned, I think that these are brilliant figures, so colourful, that they really display well.
Looking at the cost of these boxed is eye watering considering that they are not that old.
Thanks for updating the list, found this on Amazon in case you were looking for one?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toynami-Fu...=1508621503&sr=8-18&keywords=futurama+toynamij
Tempted? :wink:
Ouch! Somehow I don't think it will sell at that price! :lol: There's several on eBay right now for about a tenth of that; certainly not cheap, but not 'let's take out a second mortgage' extortionate either! I am tempted by the eBay ones, but only because Toynami rather craftily made both Destructors with slightly different paint jobs (... bastards! ;-)); the 2011 version has silver spikes, where the 2013 has blue. It's just different enough to drive a variant-hound like me to distraction! I probably will end up getting it eventually, but for now I'm trying to be content with the one I do have. Plus I also have the super-cool Gender Bender with his frilly pink dress and flowing blonde locks! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good luck with this run, I think that are absolutely brilliant.
I wish I was looking at these when they were in the shops, oh well hindsight!
I will keep an eye out for a "cheap" one or two on eBay and see where it takes me!
Thanks, something else to "waste" my money on!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Good luck with this run, I think that are absolutely brilliant.
I wish I was looking at these when they were in the shops, oh well hindsight!
I will keep an eye out for a "cheap" one or two on eBay and see where it takes me!
Thanks, something else to "waste" my money on!
You're welcome. BTW, did I mention that I work for your credit card company? ;-)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, after finishing making my latest display cabinet an embarrassingly long time ago now, I have finally got my ass in gear and started to actually fill the thing (anyone interested in seeing the cabinet's construction can do so here http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36404).

For now, most of the bottom shelf will be empty with just a few placeholder items in there, as I hope to add a Hasbro Khetanna to the display next year. For now though, I have added my Family Guy, Buffy and Angel figures to the cabinet, plus the Matrix Chateau playset, my The Thing playset, and my Destructor and Gender Bender Futurama figures.

Enjoy! :)

New Cabinet - 01.jpg

The Matrix - 01.jpg

The Thing - 01.jpg

Futurama - 01.jpg

Family Guy - 01.jpg

Family Guy - 02.jpg

Family Guy - 03.jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That's well cool. Great mixture of stuff there, very personal. I have a very small collection of random figures that I like. Would love a cabinet like this one day with all my non SW favourites.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
That's well cool. Great mixture of stuff there, very personal. I have a very small collection of random figures that I like. Would love a cabinet like this one day with all my non SW favourites.
Thanks for the nice comment. I hope you manage to get the cabinet you want for your non-SW items some day (and then post some pics!) :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, so I finally got around to re-jigging my Futurama cabinet by swapping out the 3 glass shelves they were standing on and replacing them with differently sized ones to accommodate Destructor and Gender Bender...

Here's the before and after photos (I also took the opportunity to suspend Trinity in mid-air for added effect and to free up space :-D):

Before:

Futurama - Before.jpg

After:

Futurama - After.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Time for an update, I think. I acquired a Sideshow Faith the Vampire Slayer statue earlier this year, and wanted to display her next to Buffy in the same cabinet. It wasn't quite as straightforward an operation as that might sound however, as I first needed to build an additional storage unit beneath the cabinet, not just for storage(!), but to also provide extra support to the bottom of the cabinet as the Sideshow statues are heavy and the bottom shelf (which in this cabinet is made of MDF) was already bowing slightly under the weight of the Buffy statue. However, once that was done, I then had to work out how to compress the cabinet contents to make room for Faith, without compromising the aesthetic of the rest of the display. I hope I've managed that, but you can be the judge.

I hope you like it.

Jeremy

Cabinet After - 01.jpg

Faith - 01.jpg

Faith - 02.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom