My Stolen Collection - Update

ODB

Jedi Master
If I may drag this back onto topic for a moment.

I'm glad to see that you may have gotten some closure on your robbery though I doubt its the sort of closure you wanted. It does seem to have brought out the best and the worst of the community.

Hopefully you can move onwards now.

On a slightly more personal note do we know if any of the figures were sold on ebay and what name they were sold on? If anyone wants to tell me the name privately I'm happy to go with that.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks mate, unfortunately I have no idea what his Ebay user ID is, but it's certainly possible. All I know for a fact is he was selling them via PM on SWCC, and in person at Memorabilia.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Kind of off topic, but I've just noticed something very odd! I took a photo when I collected them while they were still in the police bags, and look at the code on the police tag - POTF! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the contents, but what a strange and appropriate coincidence! 8)

collection-tagged.jpg

Also, maybe this photo will help lay the conspiracy theories to rest :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
That's a very cool coincidence. I think it means Property Other Than Found.
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1290&detailid=1643

momike

Jedi Master
In most cases with this sort of thing it's someone you know! When I was a kid my house was robbed and it turned out it was my next door neighbour and so called best friend who did it! I am not pointing the finger but from reading in between the lines something is very fishy here!

On a positive note though I am really glad you got some of your stuff back!

lee gray

Sith Lord
What I think is funny is some thieves go to prison whilst others just get banned from forums lol

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I go on holiday for 2 weeks and it all kicks off while I'm away. Congrats on getting some of your stuff back Ed. And it just goes to show to everyone out there that there is no value in stealing a collection as it is all traceable and you will be found out. Digital pictures etc means it's as good as it happening yesterday. I saw the SWCC messages. Did people keep their accounts there? The admins seem to have done the right thing there though SWCC would appear to be heavily tarnished by this whole affair.

cheers Jason

Chewie

Jedi Master
Glad to see you got some of the stolen collection back Edd :wink:

plantman said:
What i find strange is how Ben managed to have enough money on him at a carboot sale to buy £1000's of pounds worth of moc trilogos

because i always see stalls at a carboot with 70+ moc minty figures and just pull out the 8 grand and buy them...yeah ****ing right

and i agree with Andy!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom