No COO Emperor's Royal Guard

flycasual

Jedi Master
Does anyone have any info on the No COO ERGs?

Do they both have slightly longer capes?

Are they Meccano, Macau or Tri-Logo? :?

roayl_11.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have once seen one for sale, the seller called it a PBP, but I could not see the stamp, but the seller told me it was a no coo

flycasual

Jedi Master
Cheers guys!

Here's #3. He's on a similar stand:
No_COO_ERG_zps74a28846.jpg

The cape looks like it is pulled down a little, but I still think it's longer.

flycasual

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
Nice find (as usual :) ) is the no COO a noticeable gouged scar?

It's exactly like the one in the guide. I'll get a picture if you like.

The inner cape on yours is noticeably longer. Mine hasn't even got one. :cry:

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
sdc12638.jpg

#1 & #2 (no COO) no noticeable difference in cape length :?:

Isn't 2 and 3 in the TIG guide the same variants but the mold was worn when they produced number 3 and Is there any difference in the plastics used in your 2 James :?:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I think #2 & #3 are different, there are many figures with no COOs that are smooth no COO vs gouged out scar no COO. (ie. Greedo, Lando etc. etc. that are definitely variants in their own right) I don't have a #3 ERG to compare. I'll look for differences if any in my #1s & #2s latter (not my bodily functions the ERGs :lol: )

edit : #1 (Hong Kong) lighter red helmet, glossy purple limbs #2s (smooth no COO) darker red helmet , matt/dull purple limbs

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
I think #2 & #3 are different, there are many figures with no COOs that are smooth no COO vs gouged out scar no COO. (ie. Greedo, Lando etc. etc. that are definitely variants in their own right) I don't have a #3 ERG to compare. I'll look for differences if any in my #1s & #2s latter (not my bodily functions the ERGs :lol: )

I thought your 2 where 3 and 4 :roll: Maybe flycasual can have a look and let us know what he thinks. I know there are many no coo variants with the same molds but a difference in smooth/scared COO, just confuses me as I've seen 10+ lando's and about 5 YPS/TRI Hoth Stormys and they all have different Scars, the only way that could have happened is by small parts of the original COO filer coming out at different stages in production.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Just thought about this and the smooth COO wouldn't be able to produce a deep scar like Greedo and Lando anyways, they would have been the original cover up scars. If a thin layer of the COO filler came out after a few thousand number 2's then it could possibly produce COO number 3.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
There are for sure leg markings that are different just due to mould failure/wear. LL Tie pilot comes to mind with 'made in' vs 'e in' (same as Dengar- 'made in scar' vs 'made in scar on'etc. Yes Snowtroopers are a minefield with heaps of odd scars. Lando's I haven't personally researched very well but with blue vs grey pants all having scars to me it stands to reason they are different moulds.

edit : you've just posted again & answered your own question :) #3 'could' become #2 over time but I do not think this is the case.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
There are for sure leg markings that are different just due to mould failure/wear. LL Tie pilot comes to mind with 'made in' vs 'e in' (same as Dengar- 'made in scar' vs 'made in scar on'etc. Yes Snowtroopers are a minefield with heaps of odd scars. Lando's I haven't personally researched very well but with blue vs grey pants all having scars to me it stands to reason they are different moulds.

edit : you've just posted again & answered your own question :) #3 'could' become #2 over time but I do not think this is the case.

I've not looked in to lando in detail either but remember seeing some ones photobucket account with a load of different scars. Are they all produced from just the 2 molds?

flycasual

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
#3 'could' become #2 over time but I do not think this is the case.
This seems more likely than the other way around.

flycasual said:
It's exactly like the one in the guide.
Actually, the left leg is different. Look at the dot after the first "L".

From what I gather, he's off a Macao Tri-Logo: 8)
Macao_Tri_Logo_ERG_zps438a40d0.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
It is very likely Greg, many of the Meccano Trilogos contain very rare figure COO's. I don't believe the COO stickers were right 100% of the time on those cards but we do know that Macau factory supplied France with many figures so there is a big chance it is of "Macau" origin.

Del owned a Meccano Tri ERG that had a bubble crack and the figure could be removed, I never thought at the time to ask him about the figures COO..I wonder if he ever took a look - might drop him a PM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom