OT - The new National Lottery Changes/Price Increase

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Curious to see what the concenus is on here

My family have played every single one since 1994. But will be stopping now.

Cant justify an extra £1 when even now we hardly get a number so how is paying more money gonna improve our chances!!

walkie

Sith Lord
I run a works syndicate, which is now a major pain in the ass to re-organise as people don't what to pay extra. those greedy ba$tards are spoiling it.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
First they hook you in, then they push up the prices...

Its a great business model, the trouble is we have to pay for it. :(

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah i think they will lose sales over this. Most people who play it probably just do it on a whim while in a shop buying fags, sweets, a paper etc cos "it's only a quid". I know i fall very much in that category (tho i play it less than ever no because like you say, you almost never even hit a number). I doubt i'll be spending £2 on it. Ever.

plantman

Sith Lord
save it up and put on the footy scores, ive had countless £20-£60 wins after putting an accumulator on, both teams to score is generally a good one to win some beer money on

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Its that ****ing song on the advert thats put me off ever playing again...

Ooh-wakka-doo.... now **** off you robbing twats

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Couldn't give a **** really. I only play when it's a mega Jackpot of £10m or so...because a couple million just isn't enough!!!! :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
PIGCITY said:
Its that ****ing song on the advert thats put me off ever playing again...

Ooh-wakka-doo.... now **** off you robbing twats

It's a raping of an old Gilbert O'Sullivan song 'Ooh Wakka Doo Wakka Day'.
I'm only slightly embarrassed to say i quite like the original. :oops:

[youtube]69zZpTRlNvk[/youtube]

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Gilbert O Sullivan is one the reasons that the sampling laws are in place in music. He almost killed poor old Biz Markies career.

PGowdy

Grand Master
PIGCITY said:
I take it you're talking about the sampling laws and not Biz Markies career Pete :D :D :D

Haha, no, i feel for Biz Markie cos he was only doing what everyone else was doing. Had it been Run DMC or Will Smith that got sued for making millions from someone else's record/part/melody/sample then it would be more cut and dry. But poor old Biz could really afford a lawsuit against him and made next to no money on the album because of it. Still doesn't change the fact that when using other peoples music or songs and making money out of said music and songs you must credit and pay dividends to the original artist/s.

Biz Markie's 'Alone Again' is basically him just rapping over Gilbert's record. It's not even a clever mix or a shrewdly remixed and repurposed sample. It's also called 'Alone Again' AND he sings "Alone again, naturally' for his chorus. I mean, jeeesus! Think of the millions you could make just putting someone else's record on, removing the original vocal and rapping to it. Oh wait... that 's Will Smith. :lol:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
IMG_20131003_201252 copy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom