palitoy 12 backs

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Fair enough, I just would have thought Luke, Han, Vader, Ben etc would have been harder to find as they were more popular. I guess there would have been more of them made to compensate.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The other factor is which figures are more popular with character focus collectors as most of them will collect foreign cards as well as kenner.

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Its wierd how some of the popular figures are rare and some are easy to find, Vaders are easy, Lukes are hard. R2's are much harder to find than 3po's. I think a few sealed cases were found of certain figs sometime after the films which boosted numbers. Its the same with Meccano's - loads of Jawas and Bens but the rest are a lot more difficult.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I think there was a case of palitoy ROTJ boba fetts and C3-PO Removeable limbs which is why there are so many AFA 90's out there.

Jason

David Tree

Jedi Master
weasel said:
Fair enough, I just would have thought Luke, Han, Vader, Ben etc would have been harder to find as they were more popular. I guess there would have been more of them made to compensate.

Solid cases of certain figures were sold, as opposed to an assortment. Off the top of my head I know there were certainly solid cases sold of R2 and 3PO and probably Luke and Vader too.

Secondary characters were sold in assortments, so they were limited in distribution compared to other characters, it's no different today. Given LXW was the only hero character in the second wave, and that some figures were bundled in specail offer packs like the cantina, it makes sense that some are very difficult to find as a result.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Rarity changes.

Luke is no longer the rarest of the 12 to find, Chewie probably is.

This may change in the future.

LeeBullock

Padawan
Sealed:

Vader, C3PO, Sandpeople, Death Squad Commander, Death Star Droid, Hammerhead, R5D4

Resealed:

Powerdroid and Chewbacca

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
hey Lee, so you got the Chewie and PD reseals.
Glad you won them.

To finish the 12 backs i need the usual suspects:
Luke
Ben
Han
Chewie

As for the 2nd 8, all i have is LXW.

Miles to go :roll:

marc

Ron

Sith Lord
Hi Jason so far i have
darthvader
stormtrooper
jawa
c3-po
r2-d2
I have noticed quite a few sand people on ebay recently

sith-smith

Grand Master
I reckon in my opinion, this is a current order of expense. Rarity is pretty similar, though i'd probably swap chewie and Luke around.

Large Head Han (not required for a full set)
Luke
Chewie
Ben
Leia
Han
Vader
Stormtrooper/DSC
R2
Jawa
C3P0/Sandperson

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Wow, lots of new palitoy 12 back collectors. We'll have to start a 12 back palitoy club and do badges or something. (once you get a full set of course!)

:D

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
I reckon in my opinion, this is a current order of expense. Rarity is pretty similar, though i'd probably swap chewie and Luke around.

Luke
Chewie
Ben
Leia
Han
Vader
Stormtrooper/DSC
R2
Jawa
C3P0/Sandperson

In availability terms (based on what I've seen on ebay, at CE, Mem etc) from the last year or so I'd reckon:

Luke
Chewy
Leia
Han
Ben
Stormtrooper
R2
DSC
Jawa
Vader (theres been quite a few Vaders about)
C-3PO
Sandpeople

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
mr_palitoy said:
Wow, lots of new palitoy 12 back collectors. We'll have to start a 12 back palitoy club and do badges or something. (once you get a full set of course!)

:D

Jason

Bugger, does that mean I don't get a badge? :(

Well, you might qualify for a silver badge. Definatley not a gold one though! :wink:

Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
sith-smith said:

Luke
Chewie
Ben
Leia
Han
Vader
Stormtrooper/DSC
R2
Jawa
C3P0/Sandperson

In availability terms (based on what I've seen on ebay, at CE, Mem etc) from the last year or so I'd reckon:

Luke
Chewy
Leia
Han
Ben
Stormtrooper
R2
DSC
Jawa
Vader (theres been quite a few Vaders about)
C-3PO
Sandpeople

Problem is more Palitoy sales go on below the radar than openly. I did not get a single one of the first 20 from eBay or a show of any kind. I had nearly two sets, minus a a few of the tough 4. I think of the second set only the Han and luke came from eBay.

There have been a few vaders about, but i think some are in fact the same vader. I can remembe about 4/5 years ago, there were about 3/4 lukes on there in the space of a couple of months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom