Palitoy ROTJ Luke Original 45 Back

itfciain

Grand Master
Mate that is fantatsic news

Everyone had called that a fake becuase it didn't all add up - but just goes to show - it doesn't have to

Am glad that you have it in your collection and am pretty sure you have just added a fair bit of value to it with that appraisal from Steve

Great work
:D

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Lee77 said:
Great news Grant. Really pleased for you buddy. And as a bonus, it was an absolute steal. I can only echo everything about Steve and UKG. They really know their ****!

Cheers Lee- cost me £77!

reckon people were put off by it. I wasn't going higher than £80 because i though it was fake and was preparing to chase a refund.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The bubble was the key to it being real when I went out on a limb and told you it was the real thing. The bubble has the code stamped in it and the seal was dead nuts on. Glad it all worked out and cheaply.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
aussiejames said:
I know not palitoy:
luke_skywalker_rotj65ofer.jpg

Well this happend to that example because of transit:
PBP_LukeSkywalker_BO_NoAFA.jpg

source:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1053887/

Never send a PBP Luke everywhere...not even for grading! Sorry...I know Im too late and hope the best for the OP.

These figures are extremly fragile! The break always....without even touching!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Maulster79 said:
Why are PBP so fragile?

Only the Luke is....well not only...but the Luke seems to be extreme!!!

It is made of a total different plastic then Kenner ones or others. It seems that this one was already build as factory error. They do even break by looking at them...LOL

you can see a loose one here:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1082879/

Josh

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Mate that is fantatsic news

Everyone had called that a fake becuase it didn't all add up - but just goes to show - it doesn't have to

Am glad that you have it in your collection and am pretty sure you have just added a fair bit of value to it with that appraisal from Steve

Great work
:D

People were doing the same thing with the LL Jawa with the dark stiching?...Turns out they are legit also.
Like you say...anything can happen. It's good to be cautious, but can be dangerous if you state things as gospel when you are not 100% sure. There aren't as many EXPERTS in this hobby as one would think. But there are lots of people who think they are experts.
Congrats, Grant. You must be stoked. 8)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Dunno why but I've only just checked this thread. I think ed might be able to contribute to this a bit as he picked up a scar pbp luke loose figure when we were at Sandown recently. The same issues though. Cracked torso in many of the same positions and the same sabre I think. Glad Steve got back to you on this Grant. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I could have helped I think. I'll get ed to post a pic of his hard torso pbp Luke.

Congrats Grant. Great pick up mate!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Cheers bud- appreciate any and all advice.

Real head scratch on this one. Was so glad to be apart of the collecting community. Would have struggled on this one on my own. Was drafting a email asking for a refund. Phew.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
No worries Grant. It looks like you had some sound advice on here. The bubble seal looked good and often I have seen that the bubbles with numbers printed on the seal edge dont tend to have any waffle pattern, be it on kenner MOCs or obviously on Palitoy MOC's.

I think what has probably thrown people more on this one is the fact that the figure is cracked inside the bubble. As to how it happens, Im not entirely sure but I would hazard a guess that it is to do with the harder type of plastic used on these figures and shrinkage that has taken place over time which has caused cracks to form which over time with rattling etc has been made worse. :| I noticed at Sandown when looking at the one Ed picked up that the plastic looked very weird, almost like the white of his robe looked painted even though it was clearly moulded. The plastic looked quite dry and brittle as opposed to shiny.

Either way it is a great piece to own and just goes to prove, sometimes it is worth taking a punt. :wink:

Ill get in touch with Ed so he can post a few picks of his smashed up PBP luke. :)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Lol no worries. Whats interesting about Ed's is that the tip for the sabre is ridiculously thin. Like the thickness of a coarse hair. Now I think we both wished we'd done even more thorough checks on the box of loose bits that he had. He may have had a few more PBP gems in there! :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom