Palitoy 'Special Offer' Cantina - UKG 80

Palitoyman

Padawan
Forgot to put this on yesterday, one of a kind, the only graded example of the 'Special Offer' Cantina, all four carded MOC Cantina figures inside, brand new/Unused.

Cantina%20Special%20Offer_zpspugrvi32.jpg

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
There was a question on the vintage chat a few weeks ago about which would be our holy grail.
There were some great answers and reasoning but for me this set has always been one of my Holy Grails.
Stunning item Richard.

Btw, would the four figures be in baggies rather than on card?
Do any special sets that ever came out ever have the included figures on cards?
Don't know why but I always presumed this to be the case when I was younger.

Palitoyman

Padawan
Hi, thanks for the comment PulsarP, the four figures are on cards and are mint, the reason I know is that the seal broke at one end and so had a look, like you say, this has to go down as a grail piece, I'm still looking for a 'normal' palitoy sealed cantina, iconic playset in my opinion.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
So that's where "Green Greedo" comes from ...

Love this piece. Really spectacular. There's something exceptionally nostalgic about the colours of the packaging of the cantina and the cantina crew.

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Sparky P said:
So that's where "Green Greedo" comes from ...

It is indeed, well this and the UK marvel comics ads but mainly the Palitoy catalogue.
It stuck with me so much as a kid I made it my eBay username in 2000 :wink:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Proper nice to have a one of a kind. I'm sure that alone is anyone's holy grail.

I just have one side question - is that kid wearing mascara? :shock: :D

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Fantastic item, a real grail piece, but for me personally it's a shame it's now locked away behind plastic.

PulsarP asked about boxed items coming with carded figures, I have the Ewok Combat Trilogo Playpack with 4 carded figures, all of them folded in half to fit in the box!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Epic item, one of my faves. But this is also the reason why I don't collect MISB... you've got these four mint MOCs plus all the great playset parts within and none of it will ever be seen!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Any chance of reposting this photo? Due to PB arsehole behaviour it can no longer be seen.

Also, did you take any photos of the contents when you peaked in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom