Postage Opinion.

indianawars

Sith Lord
So I'm looking for some opinions on postage. My main question is, how does it affect your shopping habits?
Are you more likely to make a purchase from a seller if they offer free P&P... I've noticed a lot of sellers offer free P&P now, but markup their items to cover the costs. So basically a £10.99 + postage item becomes £13.99 + free postage. So if you buy 3 items from that seller, then In reality you've just paid 3 times as much for postage. Where as I offer a £3.95 postage charge, but with combined shipping at the checkout. Is it a psychological thing? Because I've noticed a few times now that items being sold with a heavy markup, but offer free P&P tend to sell easier, compared to lower priced item, but with a postage charge...
Does anyone have any thoughts on this - Or perhaps is someone that goes for the "FREE P&P."

yoda

Sith Lord
If I am on e-bay or anywhere else looking an item obviously I look for the cheapest first. Postage added or not doesn't matter to me. The key for me is the feedback if I spotted an item costing more from someone with 100% feedback. Than say a different seller with 97-99% or worse. I will go for the better feedback everytime even though it's costing more. I have to say I do hear bad reports some times regarding ebay but up to now I have never had a problem. Then again I am only ever buying and not selling on ebay. Which I can see how some of you guys have problems coming from people not paying or other issues.
I know that hasn't really answered you question but from buying on the web I would like looking at items with the postage listed separate.
It would be interesting to hear how other people think regarding you question.

poncho

Grand Master
If we're talking ebay When selling I charge actual postage cost plus about 50p. As ebay take 10% on your postal charge!

As for buying I take into account the postage the fee and any packaging. If the seller is taking the piss. I'll just ask for a partial refund when I receive the item.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom