Repro die cast parts

spoons

Grand Master
Following on from 3D repro shite I just bought a set of repro parts for the die cast ships so I could make a TIG style comparison guide

The repros are pretty good but there are tells.

Click on the 'reprodcution' tab in the link

http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk/featured-articles

Joe

Grand Master
Great work Andy, always good to be one step ahead of the reproductions that are out there and articles like this will hopefully save some people getting stung on non original parts.

spoons

Grand Master
poncho said:
Scary stuff this 3d malarky..good guide andy :)

Thanks both - these are all made in moulds but I might buy the 3D one too for comparison

sith-smith

Grand Master
Sadly I think it's inevitable that where there's money to be made, reproduction will soon follow!

Joe

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Sadly I think it's inevitable that where there's money to be made, reproduction will soon follow!

Aint that the truth. Since Yak Trilogos started selling for £1k+ there have been a huge amount of reproduction ones pop up on eBay (Figure and card!!).

MarkG

Jedi Master
Great thread Andy.

Although I'm not into the Die Cast stuff.... yet, I'm surprised and shocked that people are even attempting the reproduce this stuff. Seems like nothing is safe now. Weapons have been for years and more recently figures.

Luckily there are tell tale signs, but sadly not everyone will know the differences and continue to funds these 'vermin'

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great guide, Andy. Really informative. I had no idea repro parts were being done for the DC range although it doesn't surprise at all. What is surprising is the quality, though. They appear very good next to the typically crap repro weapons.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Brilliant guide Andy, some of those parts are scarily well made especially the Y-Wing bomb.

I didn't realise any of those had even been made as repro parts as I've not had any of the die cast toys before. Keep up the great work.

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks for the appreciation guys. The bombs have been around for a while but I need an older one for reference.

At nearly £10 each with postage I can't see too many takers - cheaper to buy original :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom