Retro Mandalorian Figures Question

sith-smith

Grand Master
So...

I'm definitely not a modern figure expert so would appreciate people's answers to this...

I've decided to collect the retro Mandalorian figures. I'd like a carded version of each, but also a loose one.

So what's the best way of getting the loose ones? Is it to buy an unopened one and open it? I see a few loose ones floating around on eBay but they don't seem to any different in price to unopened ones. :unsure:

Thanks

lejackal

Grand Master
With the modern releases I wouldn't bother looking for loose, there are far more carded out there

lejackal

Grand Master
And as you say the price is pretty much the same. Forbidden Planet often has retro collection down to £5-£7 (even less of the card is damaged) which are ideal openers

sith-smith

Grand Master
Awesome. My local Sainsburys has them for £6 at the moment. Got most of the first run (minus Grogu and remnant trooper) Might as well go back and pick up a few more while they are that price.

lejackal

Grand Master
What's the situation with the remnant trooper...why's that highly priced?
It was only available in the Disney Store version of Mando Monopoly;

A772761B-10FA-4DC8-8F1A-FA5BAD4EF11B.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
If you are near a Disney Store you may get lucky and find one on a shelf somewhere? But from memory the RRP for the game+figure was around £50 anyway.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Ah, well I might as well just buy the figure as I have no real desire to own the game.

Having not seen one up close, how similar is it to the original vintage stormtrooper? As I'm going for a loose and carded set, I would prefer not to need a loose remnant trooper

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Check out the tonghuri guy, he normally has retro remnant troopers loose. It's where I got mine from.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Cool. I like some of them, but others seem to move too far from the vintage line for me to be fully onboard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom