Rogue one *full trailer* released (SPOILERS)

Palifan

Sith Lord
For me I'm really not sure how to feel about this teaser. It really didn't have the same punch as TFA teaser trailer (which I still think is quite remarkable), and I almost thought I was watching a fan film at first due to the stiff acting and bad lines being read. Then there's the samurai element?! Star Wars just doesn't do straight up Samurai as far as I'm concerned, it just borrowed from that world!!

It's early days I realise and my work mates friends who work at ILM were way more excited about working on this film than TFA at around October time last year so who knows how it will play out. I did like the look of that Thrawn type character who's played by a very good actor so the villian maybe strong at least. I'm really wondering if this film will be the beginning of the end of Star Wars for me in some ways...maybe the memories are enough and I'm also still liking the direction of the new trilogy so time will tell.

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Been saying for a long time I'm more looking forward to this than TFA. It's going to be epic.

I wasn't sure at first if I would and the trailers for TFA did bring a slight tear to my eye...plus I knew Han Luke etc ere in it.

But...This new one, though in the same universe, is in a time frame of that universe I know and love best, so it feels familiar. Way more familiar than TFA.

Not to take the greatness of TFA away, still a very good movie.

I think it's why, despite their flaws, I still like the PT as they slowly move towards the OT.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ok, just gave it another few watches and things don't appear quite as bad as I first thought. There are a lot of OT characters (droids ect), filling a fair few of the shots and some interesting looking Imperial Troopers mixed in with the classic ones so I can see how this is going to feel as close to OT as anything that's been put out there to date. There's also a slight feel of Rebels about it that might feed in well with the animated series.

life is now looking up a bit more for me :D

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'm guessing that's a younger Mon Mothma in there too.

What the uniformed man? Madine?

I loved the fact that there so much of the OT set in OT times.

I liked the falcon and the OT characters in the TFA, but they just weren't in a new time frame.

This one has new characters (along with some old) in an old time frame.

Total nergasm :shock: :eek: :D 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Feel like I've been frozen in Carbonite all day with work, just watched it and it's made life feel worth living again.

:p

Start of it sounds like a bond film. :lol:

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
Looks great ! I have HIGH hopes for this.

I don't want this to appear sexist as it really isn't but I find it a little odd that they have went so strong again with a female lead, given that TFA has already done that (very well) with Rey.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Hellova good casting with Mon mothma. Let's just hope she doesn't keep going on and on about those bloody bothans.
No body gives a **** Mon, just leave it.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
For me yes it looks okay but no where near as exiting as when the TFA trailer came out.
I'm thinking maybe because you don't see any aliens it just looks a bit flat.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ive watched this over and over again with Sonny tonight - Star Wars is back in its finest form. This looks amazing and i personally cannot wait.

As most know i was anti anything new before TFA came out and this has brought Star Wars home. TFA was a good movie, and i did enjoy it in the end but it was missing that special something - Rogue One was changed all that. Mon Mothma looks brill, and if that is Madine it looks spookily like Richard Le Parmentier ( RIP) who played Motti in ANH. Also, is that Colin Salmon,s voice at the start?

We have to think along the lines of this happening at the same time Luke starts his journey, to the actual ANH events leading up to the testing of the DS when Tarkin has Leia. I think this adds so much more...

inzaman

Sith Lord
This looks simply amazing, proper old school feel.
Man if the TFA hype pushed vintage values up, this is going to send them into the stratosphere with the ANH tie in.

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
well i was looking forward to the force awakens blu ray release but now im not too bothered I NEED THIS NOW :D
this looks awesome and we have proper stormtroopers :D :D :D :D :D :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
inzaman said:
This looks simply amazing, proper old school feel.
Man if the TFA hype pushed vintage values up, this is going to send them into the stratosphere with the ANH tie in.

Don't say that, I'm still after some 20 backs. :eek:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Check out Canary Wharf Tube Station at 1:12...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/07/star-wars-rogue-one-london-jubilee-line-tube-station

:lol:

Jason

Dantooine

Padawan
mmm... The best stuff was the Star Destroyers, Emperors Royal Guards and the OT Stormtroopers. Not sold at all on Felicity Jones, another feisty female lead.
There's nothing in the style if shots that feels anything like the OT. It's got OT stuff in it (great) but it's shot like Black Hawk Down - from what I can tell. Fair enough, I hope it's going to be good. Please have the Royal Guards do something!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom