Since I'm being accused of bragging..Might as well limelight

Joseph_Y

Padawan
First up we have a link to the bootleg museum.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157626038252815/

Sorry that hasn't been updated with my most recent purchases, but there are just a few nice pieces there already.

Next up we have my prototype room. some older pics, some items have been sold and other stuff added.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1487620165/in/set-72157602267423848

I would link to my carded figure room. but much has changed in there since my last round of pics. Most of the US stuff and non US other than my Japanese stuff was sold to buy more bootlegs.

Enjoy :)
Joe

tigerham

Sith Lord
Nah, it's rubbish!! :p

Outstanding collection there Joe. You're MT Scout is gleaming compared to mine... swapsy? :p :D

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"Since I'm being accused of bragging..Might as well limelight"
I was expecting a foot long studded cock :p

A group picture with all your new aquisitions will be a sight to behold :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
"Since I'm being accused of bragging..Might as well limelight"
I was expecting a foot long studded cock :p

A group picture with all your new aquisitions will be a sight to behold :)

:lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Overload, got to go & lie down now :lol:

Very impressive, just gota love the day-glow pink translucent Chewbacca :eek: & :shock:

Ps - you must be celibate or have an even more understanding partner than I

You've missed that one Frank - his missus gave him a grand towards his last purchase - mine made me take down my display because is was Christmas :(

itfciain

Grand Master
In fairness Joe, that is one of the most amazing collections that I have ever seen. I have to admit I know **** all about variants and seeing so many of them in one display is absolutely fantastic.

I don't think we will ever agree about the rights and wrongs of what Liam did, and I think that a number of your posts did not paint you in a good light - however you have a collection that is so far out this world and for that I salute you.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
itfciain said:
In fairness Joe, that is one of the most amazing collections that I have ever seen. I have to admit I know **** all about variants and seeing so many of them in one display is absolutely fantastic.

I don't think we will ever agree about the rights and wrongs of what Liam did, and I think that a number of your posts did not paint you in a good light - however you have a collection that is so far out this world and for that I salute you.

Re-reading it,I just think that it's easy to misread the tone of some of my earlier posts in that thread, esp for those that don't know me, or those that were looking for something to argue about. Some of my later posts in that thread were a bit intentionally out there just to get some reaction,when points I'd tried to make nicely were just seemingly ignored rather than discussed or even acknowledged.

I just figured if I was going to be accused of being a braggart,elitist, self absorbed bastard, that I'd play into it. To anyone that does know me, I'm one of the more down to earth collectors out there. I don't place myself on a pedistal or above others. I just try to enjoy the hobby.

Thanks for the kudos about my collection. Hopefully there'll be an update w.pics of my new acquisitions soon.

Cheers
Joe

Joseph_Y

Padawan
tigerham said:
Nah, it's rubbish!! :p

Outstanding collection there Joe. You're MT Scout is gleaming compared to mine... swapsy? :p :D

Not quite on the swap(nice try tho), but now that I know you're looking for an upgrade on yours, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for you when I get offered Trems.

Cheers
Joe

burnsy

Sith Lord
Truly amazing colletion Joe.

Those first Uzay collection shots are a beautiful sight.

Didn't realise you had the Uzay molds aswell!

Lovin the MT vehicles.

You have a yellow vader haloween candy collector head. I thave an orange and black version.

For any SW collector who had not seen bootlegs before, they would think they were on acid looking at your photos.

Thanks for sharing, one of the best focus collections I have ever seen.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Simply amazing.

NOt just the stuff you have, but the overall display of it all is just fantastic.

Thanks for the share

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Awesome Joe, loving the collection but as others have stated how well they are displayed.

PS: What made you get into Bootlegs?

Again stunning collection, cheers!

Garry

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Badderius said:
Awesome Joe, loving the collection but as others have stated how well they are displayed.

PS: What made you get into Bootlegs?

Again stunning collection, cheers!

Garry

Once again, thanks for the kudos from everyone here on my collection and display. I really try to take pride in how my collection is presented. I think a well put together display really makes collecting more enjoyable.
I did most of the shelving work very cheaply. Buying used slatwall and shelving at a local business surplus store, cut it to fit what I needed. Then some used display cases, also from the same biz surplus. Curating and updating my displays is a great quiet time relaxation/stress reliever too,and it's a lot less costly than buying more stuff....lol

As for why bootlegs....Honestly the reasons and rational are so varied but they all tie in for me.
1) The strange/ugly factor. They're fun to look at, simple as that.
2) The cultural aspect, seeing what kids in 3rd world and former Soviet Bloc nations had to play with when the licensed toys were either unavailable, or unattainable due to cost.
3) When I started taking bootlegs more seriously (for years I just did them here and there as a sideline/curiosity) there was no one really pursuing them as a main focus to their collection, and for me their appeal was growing. Right place right time, and I ran with it.
4) The challenge, I like the fact that determination on the hunt, and luck are sometimes far more important than how much money you have to throw at the item. With licensed production SW collecting, if you've got the $$ NOTHING is rare or out of reach. Of course the rarity can also be a setback, it takes a LOT of patience to collect some lines that you have no clue if you'll ever finish them just because even tho these were mass produced toys, they're just not out there at all in the collector market.
5) In the same mindset as the challenge, the fact that there is no finite end to it. Sure you can finish sets, but then with bootlegs, you'll find another variation that hasn't been catalogued yet and the hunt always continues. I've bought at least a dozen items this year that until I saw the pics in the auctions or sales lists, I didn't even know they existed, and I'm supposedly the go to guy on this stuff...lol. New discoveries help keep it exciting & fun.

Cheers
Joe

PS to answer Andy...Any collectors that I know are always welcome to come by and see my collection in person. I've hosted a few get togethers and BBQs with collectors in the area too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom