ROTJ Storybook - Rear.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 625
  • ROTJ Storybook - Front.jpg
    ROTJ Storybook - Front.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 627

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I had many a happy hour reading those as a boy. It was nice to dig them out and see the covers again to photograph them.

Does anyone else have any favourite Star Wars books they can share?

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Thanks for sharing those photos, it brings back happy memories. I had that very first one and I remember reading it again and again and allowing my imagination to run wild as to what the back story was behind the pictures. After seeing the film, the annuals, comics and the like where all we had for new star wars stories.

Cymonguk

Padawan
I recently bought 4,5 and 6 on that photo list and gave them to my daughter to read and she loved them. I only had the empire and second Star Wars as a child, later I got a rotj one at a charity shop in 86?

I also had this novelisation because my parents wouldn't take me?! It seems odd now but at least two of my childhood friends say the same thing we all waited for the video shop to get it.

7206B8F7-B188-49D6-AF03-4DB65C160C14_zpsgs0erfjw.jpg

More recently I have bought a lot of the dark horse books including the marvel vintage versions which are really nice

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
OK, since no-one else has done the obvious yet, I am happy to. The title of this thread is called 'Star Wars Annuals', so I think it's about time we see them!

Just for completeness, don't forget the ESB/ROTJ compilation annual produced by British Home Stores in 1984.

IMG_0753.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cymonguk said:
I recently bought 4,5 and 6 on that photo list and gave them to my daughter to read and she loved them. I only had the empire and second Star Wars as a child, later I got a rotj one at a charity shop in 86?

I also had this novelisation because my parents wouldn't take me?! It seems odd now but at least two of my childhood friends say the same thing we all waited for the video shop to get it.

More recently I have bought a lot of the dark horse books including the marvel vintage versions which are really nice

If you only had the 1st Empire annual as a child, does that mean you no longer have a copy of it? If so, I have a battered, but complete spare copy I will happily send you for free so your daughter can enjoy that one too. I always applaud raising children to like Star Wars, so let this be your reward! :) If you'd like it, just PM me a name and address to send it to and I'll pop it in the post.

Cymonguk

Padawan
No I bought it the other day, thanks though! I saw it on ebay and was all excited, when I told her this was the first one I remembered she sat in bed and read it. My kids really havent had any choice in Star Wars, my eldest (who doesnt live with me and is ten) had it from five, and my youngest has had it for a few years (she really like clone wars and BB8). So it really is something we share.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Simply Sci-fi said:
That's interesting. What cinema did Kenny visit?

It was the Classic cinema in Monkseaton (not far from Newcastle). My mother took me to meet him but I was really confused about who he was. It didn't add up that R2D2 would have a man inside him. Despite not being that impressed at the time I'm really happy she took me to meet him!!!

ZippyNL

Padawan
Cymonguk said:

I remember that the novellisation actually came out quite a while before the film did, so maybe that's why so many of us had it. I went to see a fairly early showing of ROTJ in Leicester Square (June 83 I think, although maybe later), but I had already read the book beforehand, so knew the whole story. It was definitely before the school holidays anyway, as I can remember telling quite a few of my friends that Leia was actually Luke's sister.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom