Star Wars Fan Club UK 1980s Bantha Tracks

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I forgot all about this, but I found some of my Bantha Tracks and the newsletters (I even kept the envelopes) from a Maureen Turvey who must have run the Star Wars Fan club from, it appears, Maldon, Essex.

Anyone else a member? I was Jedi Number E07555 - (20 - 27) my Bantha Tracks start at 20. I still have some sew on patches, the nice A4 photo prints from ESB (i think I have the black cover they came in somewhere).

Anyone know more about the fan club, how long did it run for?

(I also found a Bantha Tracks special I picked up when I attended the Attack of the Clones IMAX premiere in Las Vegas)

Boba 71

Padawan
I remember getting a letter saying they were stopping, I will have a look for it and post it.
I remember being gutted that I wasn't going to get any more newsletters, to be far though the later ones had more stuff about other films they were working on.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
I forgot all about this, but I found some of my Bantha Tracks and the newsletters (I even kept the envelopes) from a Maureen Turvey who must have run the Star Wars Fan club from, it appears, Maldon, Essex.

Anyone else a member? I was Jedi Number E07555 - (20 - 27) my Bantha Tracks start at 20. I still have some sew on patches, the nice A4 photo prints from ESB (i think I have the black cover they came in somewhere).

Anyone know more about the fan club, how long did it run for?

(I also found a Bantha Tracks special I picked up when I attended the Attack of the Clones IMAX premiere in Las Vegas)

I grew up in Maldon its a small town in Essex. All of the kids new about Bantha Tracks growing up it came from a company called Perfect Mailling which was based in the Causeway I think you'll find.
They also packaged all the Adult mags for the UK subscriptions so was very popular again when we were all growing up looking for some casual work.

Mauren Turvey was just a worker at Perfect Mailing and not really afiliated with SW in any way, we were in the same class as her daughter at school. She came in once wearing a Bantha Tracks 3/4 length sleeve Tshirt which we all though was very strange as we'd never seen those strange short sleeves. She also rocked up to fancy dress one year as a Jawa which was **** as she just had some light up glasses and a duffle coat with the hood pulled up on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom