Star Wars Palitoy ESB Imperial Stormtrooper 30 Back B

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
I was just Seeing if anyone had an idea of what a Hoth Trooper on a Palitoy 30back B card would be worth? No bubble lift or particular wear. Cheers

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well again this was one that had not turned up much b4 this years Vectis auctions, then there was at least one in every Vectis SW auction :!:

The B card is a little rarer than the A card but if anything more people would go for the A card anyway.

I think a fair price for a mint one would b around £1200. As I say b4 they became more abundant I'd known them to go for as much as £2000+ but b4 the major Palitoy logo fever u would have been looking at the mid-high hundreds. I paid £400 for my UKG 80 yellow bubble A card example around 3/4 years ago.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think what Jon says is probably a fair price. A number have shown up on Vectis in the past year.

This used to be one of the tough 5 of the first ten 30 backs, but there are a fair few of these floating around now.

stormcab

Sith Lord
About 5 A backs sold on Vectis this year for between £935 and an eye watering £2375 (that includes the 25% fee. There is currently an AFA 80 B back on eBay for £2250

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...497197?hash=item3d0ce7686d:g:JdIAAOSwv0tVetTN

If the B back is supposed to be rarer, then this should have been snapped up like a shot. The issue is that we've gone from seeing very few Palitoys pre 2015, to a barrage of them. The first 2 As that sold at Vectis this year went for £1900 before fees, and the last £750 before fees. Clearly people thought the first ones would be a one off, but as it became clear there were more and more, people didn't want to spend that much any more. I reckon the reason the current one on eBay isn't selling is because is people are concerned there will be another bunch of them come up which will mean they have well over paid. The funny thing is, I reckon most of the Palitoys Vectis have will be gone now, and that 30B on eBay will actually be a decent price. It's a very tricky time at the moment. I think quite a few people will have vastly overpaid for the initial Palitoys for sale earlier this year, and it has not been nice for them to see identical ones go for far less.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm thinking that the reason most of the earlier palitoy mocs went for a higher price was because collectors were needing a few to complete their runs and it came down to competition between these people to get there first. Also people didn't know how many were going to be available and also what condition they were in so once the right moc came up the bidding began.

The same thing happened with the sealed Death Stars and with all of this biding your time paid off (in quite a big way for some items). Hopefully the people who did go in large for these items available first are just happy to have them and the extra money spent on them isn't a big deal. I'd hate to think that someone went into debt only to see the same thing sell for half the price a few months later. I remember Craig Stevens saying at the start of the year that if he'd been buying his times at Vectis and known about what was coming he would have held off. The one figure though that probably was worth going all out for was the 30 back Boba Fett as another never surfaced (yet). I can imagine the person who paid the 18K was probably sweating in their pants every time a new Vectis auction was announced, I know I would have been!

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I'm thinking that the reason most of the earlier palitoy mocs went for a higher price was because collectors were needing a few to complete their runs and it came down to competition between these people to get there first. Also people didn't know how many were going to be available and also what condition they were in so once the right moc came up the bidding began.

The same thing happened with the sealed Death Stars and with all of this biding your time paid off (in quite a big way for some items). Hopefully the people who did go in large for these items available first are just happy to have them and the extra money spent on them isn't a big deal. I'd hate to think that someone went into debt only to see the same thing sell for half the price a few months later. I remember Craig Stevens saying at the start of the year that if he'd been buying his times at Vectis and known about what was coming he would have held off. The one figure though that probably was worth going all out for was the 30 back Boba Fett as another never surfaced (yet). I can imagine the person who paid the 18K was probably sweating in their pants every time a new Vectis auction was announced, I know I would have been!

Ian

pmsl, sweating indeed. The drop in prices was across the entire range of Palitoy figures. If you pick any of them that sold around 3 or more you'll see a clear drop in final sale price. Speaking from a fellow collector's point of view, I've held off bidding on certain items simply because I was worried more were waiting in the pipeline.

A good example is the Palitoy DSC 12 back. Before 24 came up at Vectis, I would have been prepared to pay around £700 (inclusive of fees) for one if I had the funds. Now I would be very unlikely to pay more than £400 knowing there are 24 more mint ones out there. In my mind I'm worried the buyer will put them all up for sale at some point and their value will nose-dive. Just like the way the Meccanno Jawas are cheap as chips compared to other Meccannos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom