SWF - Chat Zone - Just click the link to enter

plantman

Sith Lord
It does matter what foundation it runs on, simply adding a button with a href would be simple for edd to do i would think if he owns the template.

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks for the chat Jay, Tank and slim

Be in there more when I get a chance :)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
plantman said:
It does matter what foundation it runs on, simply adding a button with a href would be simple for edd to do i would think if he owns the template.

I thought Tim wanted the actual flash chat on the forum?

Wont setting up a href link / button essentially just be the same as having a hyper link to the site which is in place already in the first post above the user instructions. You know more than me Andy im just trying to work out what difference it will make?

Joe

Grand Master
Easiest thing to do is every time someone joins or there are people in, bump the thread and paste the link in it for all the lazy bastards who can't be bothered finding it on the first page :mrgreen:

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Ron said:
i never use the chat much am on MSN all the time

Lol. See guys!
Thanks Ron.

If it were a little more obvious i think it would be used more. But maybe it's not doable??
Looks like this is a bit of a 50/50 preference split.

Joe

Grand Master
Well it works ok for me, I pop in and out of chat on RS when I have the chance and as I said today its just another page open on my pc, so no real hardship, I press join stick my name in and have a chat.

Considering the RS chat is EXACTLY like this (I.e sticky topic with just a link to a chat applet) I don't really see the problem!

I use MSN for work and rarely use it for my own use, this way I don't have to keep signing in and out of MSN when I want to chat !

Anyway its just a bit of fun, if you are reading bits on the forum and pop in for five minutes thats really all there is to it, its not like its mandatory to join and chat every day! :lol:

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Tank1252 said:
Ron said:
i never use the chat much am on MSN all the time

Lol. See guys!
Thanks Ron.

If it were a little more obvious i think it would be used more. But maybe it's not doable??
Looks like this is a bit of a 50/50 preference split.

Each to there own Tim i use Chat and MSN to get the best of both worlds. I prefer chat because imo its quick and easy plus its a sticky in vintage chat so i think that makes it stand out enough.

I honestly cant understand how clicking a link can be that much of a struggle as that is ALL you need to do. You can bookmark the page once you have opened it as well.

If you wanna chat to somebody just see who is online at the bottom of the forum either PM them or bump the thread as most people search by view new posts.

If you look at the options on the bottom righthand side when your typing a new message it says

Options:
BBCode is ON
is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

If Edd (or a mod if they have the facility) can switch [flash] to ON then the flash Chat player should be able to be placed in the first post eliminating the need to click a link.

Jay

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Ron said:
there is a few guys here who leave msn running all the time

Thats the issue i have with MSN as well Ron many times you send somebody a message and you don't get a reply as they are probably not at the P.C and are just left logged in. It can be a mess on trying to get a group chat sorted plus a lot of peoples emails are totally different to their usernames so it can be hard to tell who is who.

At least with the Chat you can all have a super fast conversation together know exactly who is who and have the facility to have private chats by double clicking the username. The whole thing takes seconds to use.

I always believe each to their own but i do think its crazy that people think clicking one link is a hardship etc. As Joe said it has exactly the same facility, functionality and set up as the RS chat facility and there is no complaints there?

I have edited the first post creating a simple hyper link to make it as simple as possible

Jay

plantman

Sith Lord
Sorry Jay, i thought it was the link that people wanted at the top along with the other yellow buttons :)

Adding a chat applet to the forum would be useful, very easily done especially if the forum is in Joomla, or use a java based applet...only Edd will be able to tell us whats possible.

I much prefer MSN myself, i have it set to auto log in when i boot my PC, and you can personalise each person you know, chat as a group or individually, send pictures, draw tits..whatever.

Ill start a new thread where everyone can re-post their MSN address and we can all add each other (no coversations to be added to it, just addresses)

Then we can have the best of both worlds.

I tend to chat to one or two people at once, and people can contact me when im not even on the forum or when im at work aswell.

Andy

Joe

Grand Master
I am in for a bit!

http://starwarsforumukchatzone.blogspot.com/

"Where the hobbies good guys hang out!" ..so don't even dare Han.. :evil:

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks for the Chat Del, sorry for scaring you burnsy ..oh and Chaz, sorry I had to go , nothing to do with you smelling of dog poo :lol:

See you again 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom