SWTOTW, Week 52, 2018, Part 2/2 Death Star (Cardboard Version)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Thanks, Ian. Your set looks pretty nice too. Perhaps it's just the photo, but your box doesn't look that bad; some rubbing on the edges, but it's nice and square... or is there a gaping hole in the back? :shock:

Your set itself does look very clean and in great condition, plus you have a booklet that I do not. Is that the one that had the copies made by Area 51 that always crop up for sale on eBay?:

Area 51 Repro.jpg
Also, I've said it before, but I must repeat that I simply LOVE your mini Death Stars! :D They really do look fantastic, and it also shows just what a fantastic toy it was that it can look good in any scale! Great stuff! :D

Take a closer look at the pics and the figures that are on display in it :wink:

I do have the catalogue that area 51 reprinted though and in fact it's one of the few things that I managed to save from back in the day.

Ian

I also agree about the box, it looks fine on the picture :? but I can see the playset is missing the cannon and cockpit with glass at the top of the death star :?

Ha! Take a closer look at the pictures Lars, especially the figures with it (the clips are a clue :wink:

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

I do have the catalogue that area 51 reprinted though and in fact it's one of the few things that I managed to save from back in the day.

Ian

I also agree about the box, it looks fine on the picture :? but I can see the playset is missing the cannon and cockpit with glass at the top of the death star :?

Ha! Take a closer look at the pictures Lars, especially the figures with it (the clips are a clue :wink:

Ian

I am not sure, I have not put my set together lately, so I do not remember everything from the set :oops: I do not know this figures :oops: I think the clips does not look original they are to small ? :? the doors are missing ? :? Are the whole set custom made like the little set you have ? and only the box are original ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Great post Jeremy and I'll second all that you said as I also had one on it's release as a child and this without a doubt was my most played with toy I ever owned. I remember when it finally fell to bits with overuse and thrown out and it was something that I needed to get once again when started collecting vintage SW many years later. My box isn't in as great shape as both yours and Lars's but it's complete with a very good, unripped play set and even though I don't really display it due to size I'm still glad I own one.

I can't really think of a better play set ever released before or since and maybe one day we'll get something else of this level based on Star Wars, especially with Hasbro making a couple of cardboard small scale play sets recently (well we can at least live in hope!).

If I get a chance I'll post up some pictures of mine (other than the small scale version I made for my son that I keep posting up :lol: ), but thanks for sharing the pictures of Palitoy's star piece :D

Ian
Thanks, Ian. Your set looks pretty nice too. Perhaps it's just the photo, but your box doesn't look that bad; some rubbing on the edges, but it's nice and square... or is there a gaping hole in the back? :shock:

Your set itself does look very clean and in great condition, plus you have a booklet that I do not. Is that the one that had the copies made by Area 51 that always crop up for sale on eBay?:

Area 51 Repro.jpg
Also, I've said it before, but I must repeat that I simply LOVE your mini Death Stars! :D They really do look fantastic, and it also shows just what a fantastic toy it was that it can look good in any scale! Great stuff! :D

Ian
D'oh! :-D

I had in fact realised the rest of the pics were of the smaller sets, but the first pic with the box looks so real I was fooled! Mind you, it just goes to show what a great job you did with your 'medium' sized version! :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Wow. Thanks for sharing guys. I never owned this playset as a kid so can't quite feel the nostalgia that you guys did or marvel at the feet of ingeniouty. However, I love the box art and would really like to own one, but think the cost prohibitive. Really look forward to seeing some more sets built. Come on Lars!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ian[/quote]
D'oh! :-D

I had in fact realised the rest of the pics were of the smaller sets, but the first pic with the box looks so real I was fooled! Mind you, it just goes to show what a great job you did with your 'medium' sized version! :lol:[/quote]

Top marks that man and thanks for the kind words. Here's a picture with the owner of it now and I'll try to get some of the full scale version up if I get the chance.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_8062.jpg
    IMG_8062.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 726

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Top marks that man and thanks for the kind words. Here's a picture with the owner of it now and I'll try to get some of the full scale version up if I get the chance.

Ian

Wow, amazing. I must admit I got tricked :lol: pictures can really trick people :lol: Looks like the son is happy :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Wow. Thanks for sharing guys. I never owned this playset as a kid so can't quite feel the nostalgia that you guys did or marvel at the feet of ingeniouty. However, I love the box art and would really like to own one, but think the cost prohibitive. Really look forward to seeing some more sets built. Come on Lars!

Nothing special about the one I have :lol: but I will try to get it out of the box friday and take a picture of it :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom