The a team figures

shrek

Padawan
Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone has any info on vintage a team figures i have started to collect them but cant seem to find any information about them at all maybe there not popular but they remind me when i was a kid. Any info would be welcome thanks :D .

PGowdy

Grand Master
They're popular enough i just don't think they made very many of them nor for very long. You had 2 4-packs of the smaller figures which look a little like Action Force/GI Joe figures. And then you had the larger figures with the rubbery heads. I'm pretty sure there were only the main 4 and you had a few vehicles.

shrek

Padawan
PGowdy said:
They're popular enough i just don't think they made very many of them nor for very long. You had 2 4-packs of the smaller figures which look a little like Action Force/GI Joe figures. And then you had the larger figures with the rubbery heads. I'm pretty sure there were only the main 4 and you had a few vehicles.

Hi mate yeah i have both lots and the small ones look like gi joe figures if im honest it looks like they just stuck a team heads on the gi joe figures and rushed them out to sell them before the a team lost its appeal :D .I know some are galoob and some are cannell but i dont know what the difference is, Im trying to collect as many of the figures a possible cos they look cool on display.

plantman

Sith Lord
you can also get the baddies and and the girl moc, i forgot their names though :)

then there was a line of BA stuff, 12" doll, extra figures, playsets, and the van.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Yeah I used to have both the small and larger figures plus the van, Andy's right you could get a selection of badies in both sizes as well as Amy Adams the reporter chick. From memory there was also a helicopter for Murdoch a corvette for Face man and some bizarre armoured truck and trailer vehicle was also available, all for the smaller figures.

By far the coolest toy out of the line was the plastic A-Team van, probably the one toy I have the most regret in selling.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
I've got a vintage 12" talking Mr T if you're interested. Also the vintage metal Van which the smaller figs go in.

There were also variants of the Face figure where he has an orange jacket

spoons

Grand Master
this site should sort you out

The A Team

I had a set of the mid-sized figs and a van for the smaller figs that I sold a while back - they don't cost much :)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I had some of the smaller figures as a kid, comparing them to Action Force (GI Joe) is an insult to Action Force, I never thought they were up to much, the Van was ok but not very tough.

Thanks for the link spoons, I never knew you could get the Facemans Corvette!! ( http://www.virtualtoychest.com/ateam/ateam_action_corvette_1_crop.jpg )
I would have liked one of those.

I picked up a large BA Baracus at a boot sale last summer for a pound thinking he might be worth a fiver, when I got home and checked eBay there was loads of them with no reserve and no bids :cry: Worthless fool

spoons

Grand Master
PIGCITY said:
**** I haven't seen a website of that quality since 1998!

try 2004 :lol:

Its a real problem with some of these toy lines. I collect the toy biz animated spiderman figs and have real problems getting any useful info. If only everything was a popular as star wars :roll:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
PIGCITY said:
**** I haven't seen a website of that quality since 1998!

Lol, it is a bit poor. I just feel bad taking the piss out of something that has had a lot of work put into it and it a good resource for some collectors out there. I am trying not to mention the site logo...

On a positive note though

That V.E.R.N thing would be handy if worked with Star Wars figures, all variant questions sorted with the uploading of a photo :D

ashmaster111

Youngling
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-A-Team-action-figures-1983-CANNEL-PROD-/180914684509?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2a1f5b025d

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom