The Hungarian deal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Heith said:
stormcab said:
Really and truly never understood the bootleg market. Wouldn't pay a pound for any of them. They weren't in my childhood, so don't care.
Same here, just don't get the value wise with bootlegs, emperors new clothes come to mind with them

A lot of people don't get the bootleg market, but that's a bit irrelevant to what's going on. If its easier to understand, imagine they are MOC DTs that some one got for less than $iK and are now doing the above.

Mete - this is no burden at all. Its one of the best things about the forums is the ability to talk about this stuff. Your Yellow card is a treasured part of my collection mate, and I genuinely appreciate your letting me get him off you.

Cheers,
Pat

Pomse2001

Grand Master
stormcab said:
Really and truly never understood the bootleg market. Wouldn't pay a pound for any of them. They weren't in my childhood, so don't care.

I agree, I also do not understand it. But then again I know a lot of people who think the same about me and my star wars collection :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
Whoever is sending those messages sounds mentally ill! Definitely someone who likes to feel important and craves attention, but also has severe inter personal communication problems and very little empathy. A loon in other words. Their imaginary world must be entertaining.

Joe

Grand Master
Another dark day for the bootleg hobby.

While these crazy dramas sometimes give us 5 minutes of entertainment on an otherwise boring day, after years of reading this kind of stuff it's really starting to get old.

I don't know what to make of all of this, don't know who Tim is or if he exists and I definitely don't want to comment on who I think is telling the truth..all I do know is it's about the craziest and most unnecessary thing I've ever read through.

turkdlit

Padawan
Bootlegs are the seedy underbelly of this hobby, for a bunch of reasons I won't get into but which most seasoned collectors already know about. I almost left bootlegs completely after several run-ins and mishaps (not just with Joe, in general people get very nasty with botlegs). Luckily I've got my clique, we're all tight, help eachother out, and keep it fun and light without the drama. If it weren't for these guys I wouldn't be in the game either and some people would get their way in terms of eliminating "competition" for their own personal gain.

That's why I apologized for bringing this BS here - as Joe_O pointed out, its like a broken record with this crap. Some people just need attention and be reminded that they mean something, which is fine. The best thing I ever did was cut out the cancers in the bootleg hobby and focus on the good stuff - and it has made it enjoyable again. I say this because it would suck to lose new people who are interested in this facet of the hobby get turned off by all the crap they read. Make god friends, be nice, be humble, and your collection and connections will flourish :p

Matthieu

Padawan
Joe said:
Another dark day for the bootleg hobby.

While these crazy dramas sometimes give us 5 minutes of entertainment on an otherwise boring day, after years of reading this kind of stuff it's really starting to get old.

I don't know what to make of all of this, don't know who Tim is or if he exists and I definitely don't want to comment on who I think is telling the truth..all I do know is it's about the craziest and most unnecessary thing I've ever read through.

I fully agree with you Joe.

I like JoeY and Mete, I think they both are great collectors and nice guys, although I know JoeY a bit more than Mete.

Not sure about what happened there and what to think about it, but I believe we'll be told about the actual story soon...

With that being said, this new drama sounds like one more reason for me to take a step back from the hobby! It's more and more about money, egos, insults, and I have to confess that I am getting a bit tired with that.

By the way today I received a sticker sheet I won on eBay for Eur 10, and I'm very pleased with it :)

-Matth

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Matthieu said:
Not sure about what happened there and what to think about it, but I believe we'll be told about the actual story soon...

With that being said, this new drama sounds like one more reason for me to take a step back from the hobby! It's more and more about money, egos, insults, and I have to confess that I am getting a bit tired with that.

This issue originally popped up in the 12 back group and it was squashed (we locked the thread) because Mete had Joe blocked on FB, so there was no point in allowing an argument to continue where the other person had no opportunity to reply. The issue is now in the open here - where both parties have an opportunity to state their cases, so maybe it is time for the truth to come out in this forum, so for that I agree with Matth.

The allegations set out by Mete, if true, are devious, underhanded, unnecessary and contrary to the spirit of our hobby and our community, as it exists on the forums and the FB groups. I for one think Joe should come on and tell his side, as he has built up a lot of credibility in the hobby and is entitled to a chance to defend the accusations.

And while I agree with most of what you said, Matth, I disagree that we should allow certain isolated events like these - whether by some random guy no one knows named Ted (or Tim) or if by Joe masquerading as "Tim or Ted" - to cause us to lose faith in the hobby. For every event like this, there are dozens of other acts of kindness and generosity that make this community one of the best in the galaxy.

[EDIT - I just sent Joe the link to this thread]

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Mete, you are the most paranoid person I've ever known. When I got to work yesterday, I had NO clue that the box the mail man delivered had these figures in it, nor who it was from, the mailing label didn't even have his name on it, it was labeled as from Emerald Empire, in San Diego CA, Daren Wilde has seen the picture of the box label, once I have access to photoshop to blur the street address out, I'll gladly post it publicly, and will gladly send it to any admins that want me to prove myself. Up until yesterday I'd only ever talked to Tim Emerson (the former owner of these figures) once, and that was right after he got the figures. Once Daren clued me into what had gone down between Mete and Tim, I found Tim on FB and messaged him to find out why he sent me such an amazing gift.
He was not the unhinged person that Mete has tried to make him out to be with posted partial shots of his conversations with. He was friendly to me. He said that he felt that they'd be safer in my hands and that he was more than happy that they were upgrades condition wise to the examples of these that were in my collection, and the only condition placed on them was that they(or my now extras) never go to Mete or anyone that would possibly sell them to him. Despite your paranoid delusions, Mete, I really could care less about your existence, and don't have people checking up on your deals or anything else. I wouldn't have even known about your car accident in Turkey if Paul hadn't posted about it. I'm Soooooo glad that I didn't listen to Mike that week, as he asked me then to email you to wish you well, as a way to put an olive branch out because he doesn't like seeing mutual friends fighting. I've got FAR too much going on in both my personal and professional life right now to even do anything fun with these figures, While they are appreciated, I don't need any bullshit Mete conspiracy theories in my life. I wouldn't have even known about this thread if not for a friend letting me know that I should come and defend myself. As for my professing my innocence to friends, when I read someone that I've had nothing but good deals with slagging me (or as was explained, slagging the previous owner of the figures) I usually respond. No harm no foul on that one Dan.

EDIT: I can also post screen shots from my conversation with Tim if you'd like. I saved them as I figured Mete would likely be flipping out and too stubborn/angry to realize that he's wrong.
Too bad you're not going to Rob's house tomorrow Ross, I could bring ALL of the evidence with me....

Edit again: Tims act of generosity in sending these to me for free, might have had a slap of revenge against Mete to it by Tim. Obviously more was said in their conversations than we're seeing to cause him (or anyone) to give away these rare pieces.

I appreciate that your **** talking is posted on a forum where you can't be a bitch and block me, and I can respond to your insanity
Cheers
J

turkdlit

Padawan
Ahhh sigh, not gonna trade insults with you Joe we've been there plenty of times. Love you too man.

Post whatever you want. Anyone can send themselves a box. If Ted does exist and he's stupid enough to do something like this, then I would actually be happy. Better they're in a bootleg collectors hands than his. And the kicker is if he thought this would get to me, it failed, and now he's a lot poorer.

My conversations with him are on FB for all to see so that debunks your theory about my dealings with him. You cant see it because you're blocked.

What you wrote here - "He was not the unhinged person that Mete has posted partial shots of his conversations with. He was friendly to me. He said that he felt that they'd be safer in my hands and that he was more than happy that they were upgrades condition wise to the examples of these that were in my collection, and the only condition placed on them was that they(or my now extras) never go to Mete or anyone that would possibly sell them to him."

It is really interesting that you wrote this Joe. Not just because you say he is unhinged, clearly he is and everyone can see that. But just before our deal fell apart, he wrote this to me (see screenshot). Him mentioning you was completely unsolicited and out of the blue.

Screenshot_20161021-142405.png

Are telling us that this guy agreed to our deal, then said it's ONLY under the condition that they never go to Joe, then backed out of it for no reason whatsoever, THEN, against ALL logic, threw away tens of thousands of dollars to the very person he vowed would be the last person on earth to ever get them?

You can post all the emails you had with him (easy to do when you own both accounts). And I will never say I am 100% right on anything in this world, including this situation. But that right there is really really REALLY hard to explain.

turkdlit

Padawan
Again anyone can send themselves a box. That proves nothing. In fact, if you didn't know this guy at all, why did he talk about your broken tractor beam? You said you only talked to him briefly, without any substance, how in the world does this guy know about you and your made up tractor beam?

And even more importantly - how do you explain my previous post? Because you cant....it's impossible to explain....because it makes no sense. In fact, what you wrote about me (mete can never get these, etc etc) is almost EXACTLY what "Tim" wrote to me in that screenshot. Weird huh?!?! :)

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Mete, If you're wondering why I was able to read the rantings in your previous messages with Tim, a mutual friend of yours and mine, sent me the screen shots of what happened between the 2 of you, after you lost your **** yesterday. Once again no need for your paranoid theories. Simple explanations, and IF that mutual friend wants to say who he is, that's up to him. As said, I have screen shots of every FB message between Tim and me, from one that he sent me that I never answered a while back, to my exchange with him. IF you want someone at Rob A's house to play detective tomorrow I'll bring my laptop, and he can see the actual messages, with no possible way for me to have ****ed with them. Your last 2 attempts to defame my character have been pure unadulterated bullshit paranoia on your part. I have all of messages from both the Uzay guy(I thought I'd deleted them, but do still have them)...that somehow your buddy Paul got those...hmmmmmm wonder if he was the mystery high offer the guy had, that you blamed me for...

J

Joseph_Y

Padawan
turkdlit said:
Again anyone can send themselves a box. That proves nothing. In fact, if you didn't know this guy at all, why did he talk about your broken tractor beam? You said you only talked to him briefly, without any substance, how in the world does this guy know about you and your made up tractor beam?

And even more importantly - how do you explain my previous post? Because you cant....it's impossible to explain....because it makes no sense. In fact, what you wrote about me (mete can never get these, etc etc) is almost EXACTLY what "Tim" wrote to me in that screenshot. Weird huh?!?! :)

I flew to San Diego (where Tim Emmerson lives) and sent myself a box..... Yep that sounds plausible. As for the tractor beam, it's a well known inside joke about my collection, and it's well known in your public post slagging me that you claimed that it was broken. I'm sure he read it when you posted it, not really rocket science Mete. You're really reaching here man. ALSO....there's a flaw in your screen shot, where's the persons name?? Anyone can make a fake screen shot and say what they want in it. I'm willing to let an impartial 3rd party see the real messages, not just screen shots of them any time they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom